Title: Front Office Agent
Reports to: Front Office Manager
Job purpose: Serves guest by completing registration and controlling room assignments, recording work orders and guest request accurately, and providing exceptional service creating positive memorable “First and Last impression of the hotel”.
Job summary: Passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences. Welcomes and registers guests, establishes credit, directs guests to room, relays messages, answers questions about services, maintains and updates records, obtains payments, makes reservations, secures valuables.
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome
- Check in and out hotel guests in a confident, professional and friendly manner while providing positive guests experiences.
- Registers guest by obtaining or confirming room requirements, verifying preregistration, assigning room, obtaining information and signatures, issuing guest room keys, security ID’s.
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves counting and verifying cash, check, and credit card transactions occurring while on duty.
- Complete all items on appropriate (AM, PM, Overnight) checklist by end of shift.
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information and use proper telephone etiquette.
- Directs guest to room by showing location on map, or having the guest escorted.
- Conveys information to guest or other departments by receiving and transmitting messages, mail, facsimiles, packages, email etc.
- Provides concierge duties to guest by answering inquiries regarding hotel and other services guest may require, such as entertainment, business, shopping, tours, and travel.
- Maintains records by entering room and guest account data.
- Collects revenue by entering services and charges, computing bill, obtaining 0payment.
- Makes hotel and other reservations by entering or telephoning requirements, checking availability, confirming requirements.
- Secures guest’s valuables by processing lost and found.
- Taking guest complaints, or inquires and passing it on the appropriate department to be resolved; at which point sharing empathy and understanding.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Follow and uphold the policies and procedures of the Front Office.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple activities with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patron
- Any Other related tasks within reason.
• High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Individual should possess characteristics that show a caring, empathetic, outgoing and warm personality.
- Must be honest, reliable, and trustworthy and have a high degree of integrity.
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as full computer knowledge.
- Must be a team player who cooperates and works well with others
- Works well under pressure, and takes control in stressful situations.
- Hours of work are dictated by shifts and the demands of the business.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hot/humid conditions typical of the Caribbean.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, due to special functions and/or events, the noise level can be loud.
• Lift up to fifty (50) pounds, unassisted
• Stand for extended periods of time.
Apply in person at Royal St. Kitts Hotel (former Jack Tar), Zenway Boulevard, Frigate Bay, St. Kitts or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org