Driving in St. Kitts is done on the left side of the road. Major roads on the islands are actually in fairly good condition and reasonably maintained.
· Be at least 18 years old.
· Have a valid learners permit from the inland Revenue department at a cost of XCD $62.50
· Have a driving instructor
· Make an appointment and successfully pass a written test (valid for six months). Cost of test XCD $37.50
· Make an appointment and bring your instruction permit and instructor with you to the behind-the-wheel driving test.
· Pass the behind-the-wheel driving test. If you fail the test, you must pay a retest fee for a second or subsequent test and schedule a behind-the-wheel driving test for another day.
· A drivers license is valid for three (3) years.
· It allows the holder to legally drive on the islands of St. Kitts and Nevis
· It can be purchased from the Inland Revenue Department for XCD $162.50
· The holder must have it with them when they are driving in case they are asked to show it to a Police Officer
Buying and selling a vehicle - Registering A Vehicle
The seller will have to notify the Traffic Department that they are selling their vehicle by filling out a change in ownership form. The buyer will then sign that form and use it to register the vehicle with the Traffic Department and Inland Revenue Department.