Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of: Safety & Security Supervisor
The Supervisor of Safety and Security is responsible for assisting in the oversight and management of the Department of Safety and Security, ensuring the Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) Department of Safety and Security is operating in a smooth, efficient and practical manner. The Supervisor is responsible for supporting management, ensuring that management decisions, are carried out in a professional an efficient manner. The Supervisor will be responsible for the operation of his/her shift, to include the assigning, and oversight of all officers on his/her shifts. In addition, the Supervisor will carry out all functions as described in the RUSVM policies and procedures that he/she should perform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Supervisor of Safety and Security is responsible for the following Essential Functions:
• Responsible for the assisting Safety and Security Management in the supervision of his/her shift, and to ensure the safety and well-being of the members of the RUSVM community, RUSVM property, systems and information.
• Responsible for supervision of the members on his/her shift to include, but not limited to evaluations, training, coaching and counseling (when appropriate).
• Responsible for escalating all reported crime and serious incidents to Safety & Security Management as per the Incidents Escalation Protocol.
• Responsible for escalating serious incidents and threats to RUSVM community members or property to leadership with immediate effect.
• Assist to ensure the overall safety and security of all members of the RUSVM community.
• Be prepared to respond to on and off campus incidents that involve members of the RUSVM community.
• Respond to all emergencies and serious incidents on and off campus.
• Work closely with the Safety and Security management in developing effective strategies for combating crime on and off - campus.
• Assist in maintaining the RUSVM liaison program with the local Royal St. Kitts & Nevis Police Force.
• Monitor and if necessary enforce university security and safety polices on campus and among the Department of Safety and Security personnel.
• Maintains active contact with all aspects of the RUSVM community, including students, faculty, staff, spouses/dependents and visitors.
• Remain up to date on emerging trends in the fields of public safety, university security, and crime prevention.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The RUSVM Supervisor of Safety and Security will supervise the Department of Safety and Security officers assigned to his/her watch, comprised of approximately 12 Department of Safety and Security personnel; including Security Specialists, Drivers, Campus Roving Patrol Officers, and others who may be temporarily or permanently assigned to the watch.
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Supervisor of Safety and Security will be expected to work with minimal supervision. The Supervisor of Safety and Security will report directly to Safety and Security Operations manager, who will be responsible for proving guidance and annual reviews.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• 4 CXC Subject Passes preferred (including English)
• Associates Degree would be an asset
• Specialized Knowledge for Performance of Job: Capable of writing proper reports of incidents, and an ability to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
• 2 years’ experience in the security environment would be preferred.
• Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office, Windows 2000, XP and database application.
• Proven ability to communicate professionally in a corporate environment.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Excellent compensation package including free educational opportunities at DeVry University for employees and their spouse and/or children, pension plan and medical, dental and vision plan.