Ensure the highest level of service delivery, whilst acting as Port Services’ first point of contact on the arrival of all vessels. The individual should provide exceptional customer service and sound communication skills when interacting with local vendors, management and crewmembers.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with coordinating Arrival/ Departures of all Vessels with the appropriate authorities (Pilots –Tugs – Port Authorities etc.) with the Expected Time of Arrival (ETA).
• Board the Vessels with Authorities on arrival and departure and ensure all operations are handled smoothly.
• Facilitate the requests of the crew and passengers thru transport, medical attention and immigration clearances.
• Assist with vessel needs such as inspections, technical issues, logistics and documentation.
• Ensure all vessels follow all government guidelines while in port.
• File the necessary paperwork with local authorities as needed per ship.
• Ensure that all correspondence is communicated in a professional and timely manner.
• Assist with the collection and reconciliation of all outstanding accounts and other related financial statements.
• Assist where necessary, with the clearing and other requests of the yacht services clientele.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the Department Manager.
• Must have a minimum of five CXC (or equivalent) passes to include English and Mathematics.
• Work experience in the tourism, shipping, or related industry would be an asset.
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite (primarily Word and Excel).
• Must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be solution oriented, a team player, and able to show initiative.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license; Class P and a satisfactory driving record, owning a vehicle would be an asset.
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be detail oriented, display a professional attitude and be reliable.
• Must be able to work on weekends and public holidays.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• A foreign language would be an asset.