Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of: Vet Assistant Trainee
Primary responsibilities involve providing technical support for clinicians in the Community Practice and providing clinical assistance, participating in the instruction and support of DVM students. The incumbent works closely with all faculty, staff and students to achieve the goals of the University’s program and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To include the following skills:
• Animal restraint
• Catheter placement
• Blood collection
• IV, IM and SQ injections
• Full TPR and Physical Exams
• Cleaning cages, exam rooms and surroundings
• Stocking exam rooms
• Assisting with lab preparation for Surgery Lab I and II
• Assist with surgery procedures
• Use of standard diagnostic imaging equipment
• Completes other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position.
• Minimum 4 CXC Subject passes (including English)
• Science subject(s) preferred
• Prior experience working with animals
• Good communication skills
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Ability to work independently
• Able to prioritize and work under pressure
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.