API Delevan is an electronics manufacturer of Inductors, Radio Frequency coils, chokes, transformers and resolvers with a strong brand for nearly 70 years, and the only manufacturer in the world with Mil-PRF-39010 Level “S” accreditation. We form part of Fortive Corporation’s (NYSE: FTV) portfolio of product offerings, within the Industrial Technologies Strategic Platform, under the Operating Company of Thomson Linear Motion. For more information about API Delevan, Fortive Corporation and Thomson Linear, please visit our websites at www.delevan.com, www.fortive.com, and www.thomsonlinear.com
The HR Administrator is a key support role for the organization. This position provides an excellent foundation for career advancement to include various career tracks, such as HR Generalist. The incumbent reports directly to the HR Manager and will have a breadth of responsibilities at Fortive ‘s Subsidiaries – Portescap and Thomson under the Operating Company, API Harowe (St. Kitts) Limited. This position requires tact, professionalism, and confidentiality, as well as excellent communication skills, time management & organizational skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinate hourly recruiting activities
- Post Vacancy Ads
- Distribute Job Applications
- Review and narrow selection pool
- Schedule interviews
- Prepare & process candidate paperwork (Enroll in HRplus application, offer letters, etc…)
- Order background screening, if applicable.
- Prepare new hire/orientation packets
- Facilitate new hire orientation sessions
- Process new hire paperwork
- Schedule onboarding activities, such as safety overview
- Set up candidate with timeclock, locker and entry access key fobs
• Process weekly payroll for hourly associates – Portescap/ Thomson/ Delevan
- Complete time and attendance logs daily
- Manage employee deductions
- Prepare and distribute pay slips weekly
• Assist with salaried recruiting activities as needed
• Schedule immersion activities for salaried new hires as needed
• Assist associates with benefit-related questions/concerns
• By the direction of the HR Manager, manage hourly communication channels – Updating bulletin boards, etc.
• Take full ownership of Point Policy
- Monitoring hourly attendance and issue points per policy
- Issue appropriate disciplinary action
• Documentation filing as needed
• Process periodic reports – Direct labor hours, headcount, etc.
• Assist with the annual employee engagement survey
• Assist with the coordination of various activities, such as training, events, meetings
- Manage communications/ postings
- Print training documents
- Maintain personnel/training records.
• Oversee activities committee – Engagement and Safety
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Knowledge of basic HR functions
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Excellent interpersonal/communications skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Associates degree in business, HR, or related field
• 1-3 years of relevant experience (HR, customer service)
• Previous experience with payroll software a plus
Please send all resume to email@example.com. We will only reply to/contact candidates that we are considering for the position.