Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of: Campus Patrol Officer
The primary purpose of the uniformed Campus Roving Patrol Officer 11 is to prevent or eliminate the opportunity, or the belief that the opportunity, for successful criminal conduct exists and to provide immediate and appropriate response to an emergency and to any individual who may need assistance. Close and careful observation is the principal function of every on-campus roving patrol officer.
In addition, foot patrols provide valuable interaction between the RUSVM Safety and Security Department and the RUSVM community. This interaction builds trust and understanding between the officers and the members of the RUSVM community. It is the responsibility of each and every security officer assigned to a foot patrol to act in a manner consistent with his/her position, friendly, courteous, professional and observant at all times.
Adhere to and enforce all RUSVM policies as appropriate.
It is the responsibility of an officer who is assigned to an On-Campus Roving Patrol assignment to ensure the safety, and security of all on-campus community members, facilities, information and systems. To accomplish this task, the officer assigned to the campus is responsible for the following activities:
• Door Checks – Security officers assigned to the Roving Patrol duties during evening, nighttime and weekend hours will conduct door checks on all facilities utilizing the Door Check Procedure.
• Security Escorts – During evening and nighttime hours, the Roving Patrol Officer will make himself / herself available to conduct Security Escorts for any individual requesting such an escort on campus. Escorts will be provided utilizing the Security Escort Procedure.
• Radio Communication – The Roving Patrol Officer will be responsible for maintaining proper radio communications with Supervisor, Security Dispatch and fellow security officers to ensure his/her whereabouts are documented and his communication equipment is functional.
• Emergencies / Incidents – Respond to all emergencies and incidents on campus.
• Comply with the appropriate emergency and incident response procedures.
• Managing Access Control – Ensure all equipment at the post is functional.
• To effectively and efficiently manage the campus security post including the monitoring and coordination of persons entering and exiting the campus.
• Campus Parking – Inspect parking areas, check for parking permits, hang tags, ensure vehicles are properly parked on campus and address all campus parking violations including the issuance of tickets and vehicle clamping for parking violations.
• Inspection of fire extinguishers – Ensure hydrants are clearly visible, extinguishers are pressurized as intended, undamaged, the hose/ nozzle not obstructed and seal intact.
• Smoking Areas – Ensure RUSVM community and visitors alike utilize the areas designated on campus for smoking.
• Customer Service – To respond in a timely manner to calls for service, standard and emergency on campus.
• Provide escort service to visitors on campus.
• To be knowledgeable of all security related protocols and on-campus policies and procedures as pertaining to security.
• To complete other safety and security duties as assigned.
• Cleaning and maintaining of their assigned post.
• Picking up of night deposit bag from various on-campus offices.
• To escalate any unsafe environment observed during on-campus patrol duty.
• Provides First Aid and alert additional emergency personnel as appropriate.
• To maintain radio communications with other safety personnel and officers on campus, helping to coordinate emergency plans.
• A campus patrol officer is expected to investigate on campus incidents, write and submit incident reports as appropriate.
• Monitor campus alarm systems and respond to alerts and reports on campus.
• Must be able to function in controlling crowd during emergencies and at on campus special events.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Relieves other security positions as necessary
• Secondary School Education with a minimum of four (4) CXC passes
• Experience: Previous law enforcement or experience in security is an asset.
• Specialized Knowledge for Performance of Job.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be willing to work on a shift basis including weekends and public holidays.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.