A vacancy exists at KOSCAB (ST. KITTS) LTD. Accounting Officer
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Accounting Officer shall be responsible for utilizing the computerized accounting software to perform duties and responsibilities according to established policies and procedures.
These responsibilities also include but are not limited to the following:
• Utilize computerized accounting software programs to perform duties and responsibilities inclusive of:
• Accurate and timely Account Receivables transactions
• Preparation of accurate and timely accounting statements and reports.
• Recording cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts.
• Prepare daily bank deposits and produce accurate bank reconciliation statements
• Researches and applies unallocated cash.
• Oversee client accounts.
• Develop automated spreadsheets.
• Organize and maintain up to date financial records and supporting schedules.
• Prepare monthly financial and management reports.
• Maintain contact with, vendors and clients and observes confidentiality of client and Company matters.
• Maintain telephone and personal contact with staff and vendors on matters as directed by manager.
• Verify approval on all invoices and payment request
• Coding of all invoices and applying to correct cost center
• Able to prepare and process payments for multiple companies
• Update and maintain vendor database
• Able to process and enter invoices weekly
• Audit and verify expense reports
• Reconcile vendor statements
• Ability to process and follow-up on rush items
• Maintain account payable files
• Assists in financial management and analysis, as requested.
• Organize and maintain retention files for required period of time.
• Any other job-related function as required by Management.
He/She shall possess a good understanding of all applicable quality, food safety, environmental, energy, health and safety laws and/or regulations and their impact on Company policies, as well as demonstrate knowledge of pertinent quality, food safety requirements, health and safety and environmental plant hazards in their respective area of responsibility. He/She shall also be able to display a good working knowledge of all Corporate Tax related requirements and laws as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Associate degree in Accounting or equivalent
• 5 years’ experience working in a similar position
• Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
• Ability work independently with attention to detail for greater accuracy
• Able to meet deadlines
• Excellent organizational, mathematical and analytical skills
• Experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems
• Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
• Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers
• Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
• Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment
• Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
Apply by Monday, November 10th, 2018 to: