St. Kitts Co-Operative Credit Union is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Finance Manager.
The position of Finance Manager will be to supervise all Finance and Accounting activities and employees at the St Kitts Co-Operative Credit Union Limited through the use of International Best Practices.
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTION
The Finance Manager is responsible for the following:
1. SYSTEMS- Submits the full financial statements within 5 working days of the ensuing month in conformity with the Generally Acceptable Accounting Standards and the PEARLS System.
2. Asset Liability Management - Drives the financial performance of the SKCCU to ensure that it attains its financial objectives, guided by the Strategic Plan, Annual Budget, the Asset-Liability Policy in force and the PEARLS Standards
3. Treasury- Maintains strict accountability for all cash, cheques and other monetary instruments in the receipt of the SKCCU
4. Budget- Institutes ongoing budgetary controls throughout the organization
5. Examinations and Audit-Provides all information duly required by Government Regulators, the Compliance Officer and other accredited Examiners/Investigators, as requested by the Chief Executive Officer.
6. Management Support- Participates in all Management Team meetings and implements relevant action.
Qualification and Experience:
• ACCA, CGA or CPA professional designation in Accountancy completed
• Member of the local Institute of Chartered Accountants
• Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance
• Credit Union Development Educator (CUDE) designation would be an asset
• Five years practical experience in leading a Finance and accounting department, supervising subordinate personnel and producing accounts
• Proficiency in English, Microsoft Windows products including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
• Conversant with the Cruise Net Accounting Software and related programs
• Knowledgeable of IAS, IFRS, General Accepted Accounting Practices and PEARLS and keeps abreast of changes in the same.
• Strong financial analysis and problem-solving abilities
• Knowledge of the Financial Services Sector and Credit Union Industry
• Familiar with the accountancy network
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
• Excellent knowledge of the domestic business environment
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Good coaching and mentoring skills
• Ability to work with a team and build synergies
• Ability to prioritize, and manage work priorities and meet tight deadlines
Applications may be sent to the following address on or before 30th December 2018.
Human Resource Officer
P. O. Box 713
Bladens Commercial Development
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Tel: 869-465-2272 ext. 123