Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of Manager of Compliance and Insurance Business at the Financial Services Regulatory Commission (FSRC) – St. Kitts Branch.
JOB TITLE: MANAGER OF COMPLIANCE AND INSURANCE BUSINESS
1. Assist the Director with the day-to-day operations of the Financial Services Regulatory Commission (FSRC) – St. Kitts Branch. More specifically to:
- regulate Non-Bank Financial Institutions to ensure compliance with AML/CFT Legislation
- monitor financial services business in St. Kitts and Nevis
- supervise business activities of any person licenced to carry on financial services business in St. Kitts and Nevis
- examine documents submitted to the Financial Services Regulatory Commission
2. Assist the Director in the effective implementation of the Financial Services Regulatory Commission Act, Cap 21.10, the Insurance Act, Cap 21.11, the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations No. 46 of 2011, the Prevention of Terrorist Financing Regulations No. 47 of 2011, and the Financial Services (Implementation of Industry Standards) Regulations No. 51 of 2011.
3. Review application documents submitted to the FSRC for licences to ensure compliance with
the relevant legislation.
4. Perform Financial and Risk Analysis of regulated entities.
5. Provide training and awareness programs for regulated entities.
6. Supervise staff within the insurance department charged with the responsibilities of insurance regulation and supervision.
7. Conduct research and analysis on emerging trends within the financial services sector.
8. Conduct onsite examinations and off-site analysis of the operations, products and services of regulated entities.
1. A Master’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance or any related and/or equivalent field
2. A Professional Qualification in a related field would be an asset
3. Training or Certification in Anti-Money Laundering/Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) Compliance and Supervision
4. Experience in Management, Financial and Risk Analysis
5. Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
6. Ability to communicate persuasively and clearly both orally and in writing
7. Ability to work as part of a team/group environment
Applications, curriculum vitae, along with two references and certified copies of documents pertaining to qualifications should be submitted and addressed to:
Financial Services Regulatory Commission – St. Kitts Branch
P O Box 898
South Independence Square Street
St. Kitts, W. I.
Applications should be submitted by 28 February 2019.