Delisle Walwyn Group of Companies is seeking an experienced and hardworking individual to fill the position of Sales Representative Underwriter for their Insurance Services Department. This position will report directly to the department’s Assistant Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for selling Caribbean Alliance General Insurance products based on the Company’s guidelines.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
• Sell various types of general insurance policies (to include motor, fire, property, liabilities, personal accident, travel, marine) to businesses and individuals on behalf of Delisle Walwyn & Co. Ltd. agents of Caribbean Alliance Insurance Co. Ltd.
• Develop sales in St. Kitts & Nevis by primarily traveling out of the office making calls, visits and following all leads, recording all visits in a relevant log.
• Monitor and act on the commission incentive scheme as it pertains to your recommendations, diarizing all agreed visits & follow-ups as required.
• Calculate premiums, establish payment method and frequency and ensure collection. Cash cannot be collected. Where cash is involved, the insured must visit the office for payment.
• Develop marketing strategies to compete with other insurance companies and brokers who sell general insurance.
• Explain scope of cover of various policies to promote sale. Where required, call on policyholders to deliver policy.
• Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
• Carry out the designated assignments in calling customers (your own sourced business) in respect to the pre-renewals and follow up to completion including the printing of documents and issuing of the relevant bills where required.
• Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it’s a good insurance risk.
• Carry out the relevant inspections of motor vehicles to validate comprehensive coverage, where applicable.
• Provide quotation as requested by client. Obtain underwriting approval (for values exceeding your underwriting authority limit) before finalizing premium rate.
• Proven track record in sales. Sales in General Insurance would be a definite plus.
• A minimum of three (3) years of work experience preferably in General Insurance.
• An Associates Degree, in a business field, or a minimum of five (5) CXC (or equivalent) subjects, English and Mathematics are required.
• Knowledge of AML/ CFT Compliance would be an asset.
• Proficient in the use of computer software and Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Word and Excel).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• The candidate must have good problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
• Sound knowledge of insurance practices and policies.
• Possess an approachable and pleasing personality.
• A strong desire to help others.
• Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Be detailed oriented, display a professional attitude and be reliable.
• Possess strong organizational, persuasion, negotiation, and time management skills.
• Be well organized and show initiative.
• Be solution oriented and a team player.
• Possess the ability to exercise sound judgment and display a high level of respect, trust and integrity.
• Committed to self- development.
Applications should be sent to the address noted below, no later than 19th April 2019.
The Human Resource Manager
Delisle Walwyn Group of Companies
P O Box 44