Delisle Walwyn Group of Companies is seeking an experienced and hardworking individual to fill the position of Senior Underwriter for their Insurance Services Department. This position will report directly to the department’s Assistant Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing General Insurance risks based on the Company’s guidelines.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
• Supervise the Underwriting and Policy Services Units to ensure effective processing and adherence to underwriting guidelines.
• Underwrite and provide quotations on all types of policies, explaining the scope of cover, and correspond with Caribbean Alliance Insurance Ltd. as required.
• Provide expert assistance to the Insurance Managers in processing large policies
• Respond to customers’ queries, including general correspondence and adherence to underwriting terms and conditions, limits of authority. Ensure that policies provided and risks written are within the Company’s underwriting guidelines.
• Preparation of new and renewed policies as per Work Flow Guidelines and Standards.
• Carry out the relevant inspections of motor vehicles to validate comprehensive coverage, where applicable.
• Immediately when underwriting, enter all renewal and new business of policies into insurance system.
• Provide underwriting guidance/assistance, as necessary, to brokers where required.
• Supervise the workload of the Policy Services function to ensure standards are maintained and deadlines are being met.
• Supervise the follow-up to renewal process to ensure that clients are notified of their upcoming policy renewal. Assist with the review of lapsed policies and arrange additional forms of notification.
• Adhere to Anti-Money laundering compliance procedures.
• A minimum of three (3) years of work experience in a similar position or in an Underwriting environment, preferably General Insurance.
• An Associates Degree, in a business field, or a minimum of five (5) CXC (or equivalent) subjects, English and Mathematics are required.
• Knowledge of AML/ CFT Compliance would be an asset.
• Proficient in the use of computer software and Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Word and Excel).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• The candidate must have good problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
• Sound knowledge of insurance practices and policies.
• Ability to plan, organize, and analyze workload efficiently.
• Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Be detailed oriented, display a professional attitude and be reliable.
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
• Be well organized and show initiative.
• Be solution oriented and a team player.
• Possess the ability to exercise sound judgment and display a high level of respect, trust and integrity.
• Committed to self- development.
Applications should be sent to the address noted below, no later than 19th April 2019.
The Human Resource Manager
Delisle Walwyn Group of Companies
P O Box 44