The St. Kitts Tourism Authority (SKTA) is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Product Development Officer.
The primary role of the Product Development Officer is to provide support to the Product Development Manager in programs designed to enhance the visitor experience and regulation of the tourism sector. This position requires flexibility, diplomacy and discretion in handling information and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include but are not limited to the following:
• To assist in the research, development, implementation and management of new product development initiatives relating to improving the tourism product.
• To assist in the assessment of the physical and natural physical product and identify areas for improvement and development.
• To supervise monthly, quarterly and annual maintenance and enhancement efforts at beaches, inland tourist attractions and heritage sites.
• To assist the department in the enforcement of standards, and to document areas of compliance and non-compliance and make recommendations for further action.
• To ensure compliance with procedures for the approval and granting of licenses (inclusive of facilitating training courses, administration and grading of competency tests) for taxi tour operators, destination management company operators and drivers.
• To assist the Cruise Operations Inspectors in the effective and efficient resolution of crises and incidents involving visitors to the destination.
• To monitor trends in sustainable development and develop in collaboration with stakeholders new and unique product offerings.
• To develop and maintain relationships with industry stakeholders, including but not limited to local operators, local tourism service providers, and government agencies.
• To make scheduled reports and provide updates to senior management of the St. Kitts Tourism Authority, and the Ministry of Tourism during a crisis or an event that threatens the well-being of visitors.
• To perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned from time to time by Management and/or the Board of Directors.
The Job Holder must possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Tourism and Hospitality or a related discipline.
• High level of competency with the suite of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Experience in public speaking is required.
• 3 years’ experience in the drafting and implementation of policy and regulations for the tourism sector.
• Thorough knowledge of the physical product including but not limited to all St. Kitts tourist attractions, heritage sites, beaches, hotels, restaurants.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Commensurate with one’s qualifications.
Interested persons should apply by Friday 21st, June, 2019 by forwarding their applications accompanied by a resume to the Human Resource Manager, St. Kitts Tourism Authority, Pelican Mall, Bay Road, Basseterre or at email@example.com. Only applicants with required qualifications and experience will be acknowledged.