Delta Petroleum Caribbean Ltd is accepting applications for the position of Junior Accountant – location - St Kitts Regional Office
The Junior Accountant reports to the Regional Chief Accountant (RCA) and will be responsible for regional reconciliations, preparation of monthly schedules, recording of transactions, billing of customers, preparation of cash flows, submission of customs duties and any other task that maybe assigned.
• Review and reconcile daily all credit card and cash sales against amount received and credited to bank account.
• Ensure accurate daily reconciliations of bank accounts with the General Ledger for all islands.
• Record and reconcile lubes sales daily and physical inventory against Accpac.
• Reconcile Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables Subsidiary Ledger against the General Ledger and inform the RCA of any discrepancy.
• Reconcile Accounts Payable Subsidiary Ledger with Suppliers Statement on a monthly basis
• Weekly cash flow projections for all islands.
• Review monthly schedules of Payables accounts and other General Ledger accounts.
• Monthly reconciliation and Submission of Customs duties by the 8th day of the following month for the preceding month.
• Accurate billing of contract customers in accordance with the terms and conditions of their contract.
• Assist the Regional Chief Accountant with review of daily payables and monthly closing of Accounts
• Any other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting and at least 8 years of accounting experience.
• ACCA certified will be an advantage
• Knowledge of Accpac, other accounting software and Microsoft Suite.
• Experience in bank reconciliations.
• Ability to supervise staff.
• Knowledge of office and professional business environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to multi-task, organize and work independently in a face-paced environment.
Please send applications:
The Regional Human Resource Manager
Building #5 Unit 201
Port Zante, Basseterre
Deadline for receipt of applications is August 11th 2019