Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of: Scheduling/Exam Center Assistant
The Scheduling/Exam Center Assistant will be integral to and support the Scheduling and Exam Center teams. The Assistant will support the daily activities of the scheduling department and include working with spreadsheets, E-Value, and Calendar software. The Scheduling/Exam Center Assistant will also supervise and proctor exams to ensure compliance with University policy relating to conduct in examinations. (S)he will administer associated processes and tasks to ensure the efficient and effective operation of examinations. Scheduling/Exam Center Assistant will assist with creation of semester schedules and work closely with the Academic Scheduler.
This position is open to persons with rights to work in St. Kitts Nevis, or other OECS / CARICOM Countries.
• Entering Course Outlines into E-Value and extracting Course Summary reports for Faculty
• Preparation of Roster Reports for all lab courses each semester
• Assist with the population of new semester groups and emptying of previous semester groups in E-Value
• Entering calendar requests in the Calendar software and communicate to customer
• Prepare students’ schedules in E-Value
• Update Outlook Calendar with Exam Center sessions for each semester
• Assist with the extraction of student schedules from E-Value
• Support the compilation of evaluation reports
• Assist with the setup and breakdown of the Exam Center before and after all exams and exam review sessions
• Complete exam center checklist for all exams
• Operate the Exam Center’s software to load exams on all computers
• Print semester Scratch paper
• Scan and save exam review sessions sign in sheet
• Assist with proctoring of exams and exam review sessions
• Respond accurately and in an informed manner to any student query
• Completes other projects and duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Minimum of an Associate’s Degree
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Proficiency in MS Excel is critical
• Demonstrated achievement and a commitment to the provision of quality customer service
• Demonstrated ability to use initiative and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and sensitively with all levels of colleagues and students
• Ability to understand and implement instructions
• Ability to be professional (in manner and appearance), punctual, courteous, discreet and diplomatic at all times
• Great capacity for learning and self-training
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of information technology
• Knowledge and awareness of the day-to-day operations of an Exam Center
• Knowledge of, and/or previous experience in the university sector is preferred
• Two or more years of work experience in a customer facing role is preferred
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.