Title: Security Officer
Department: Security Department
Reports to: Security & Surveillance Manager
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring safety of hotel guest and employees as well as patrolling and protecting assigned property. The officer is also expected to promote and enforce safety rules and act as a visible deterrent against irregular activity.
• Protect property and tenants from theft, damage, trespassing or accidents
• Provide a visible presence that enforces safety and security
• Patrol designated property to monitor and prevent intrusion, damage, hazards and breaches of security
• Identify and investigate suspicious behavior, threats and irregular activity
• Respond to alarms and requests for help
• Monitor and control entrance and departure of employees and visitors according to prescribed protocol
• Detect and confront unauthorized persons and violators of security procedures
• Check property through electronic monitoring systems
• Enforce relevant laws and regulations pertaining to all individuals on the property
• Report all rule infractions and violations
• Monitor and prevent movement of prohibited items into and out of property
• Contact relevant authorities to deal with unlawful or irregular activities
• Use radio or other communication devices in a clear and concise manner
• Prepare written reports of daily activities, observations and incidents
• Inspect and test security systems
• To perform guard duties at the Security Hut including the prompt answering of all incoming calls in an appropriate manner and with respect.
• To constantly read the Bulletin Board in order to be knowledgeable of all activities taking place at the Hotel as well as the Security Department
• To raise and take down all flags within the stipulated set time daily
• Basic education to be able to read, write and understand the English language
• A clean criminal record in society.
• Showing a professional attitude towards all to be polite and calm and physically fit.
• To be able to stand and move around for long hours.
Education and Experience:
• Must be able to read and write
• To be able to stand and move around for long hours. Render the assistance if call up on to do so, and to go beyond extra miles if necessary.
• knowledge of state laws and regulations
• working knowledge of security operations and safety practices
• working knowledge of enforcement policies and procedures
• working knowledge of safety equipment
• no disqualifying criminal history
• be at least 18 years of age
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Weekend, Holiday, (Shifts)
Languages: Fluent in English
Send Applications To: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at Royal St. Kitts Hotel, P.O. Box 406, Frigate Bay, St. Kitts.
Applications must be submitted by November 15th , 2019