Department: Front Office
Reports to: Front Office Manager/Operations Manager
Job Summary: The function of a Bellman/Concierge at the Royal St. Kitts Hotel is to work closely with the Front Desk Staff, Management and other hotel departments in providing guest assistance with luggage, transportation and other needs. As the bellman is often the first and last person a guest sees while staying at the hotel it is important that you are passionate about exceptional customer service and hospitality on a whole. The care and attention that goes with this position is crucial to the success of a hotel as they convey a critical message to the guests about the property’s commitment to serving each guest with the Royal Flare. A professional appearance and attitude is displayed at all times.
• Greeting arriving and departing guests and retrieving their luggage.
• Escorting guests to their rooms, explaining the room facilities.
• Deliver luggage, messages, and packages to guests and to undertake various other requests in order to ensure their comfort are met.
• Transport arriving and departing guest’s luggage to and from the guest rooms to lobby. Load luggage into and out of vehicles.
• Assist with keeping lobby area clean and orderly, the lobby will be your office.
• Ensure that luggage has been stored safely according to prescribed procedures. Tagged and recorded.
• Concierge duties and information e.g.(what functions are going on in the hotel and be able to direct guests to the intended functions and times)
• Provide gracious, attentive, and friendly service. Going the extra step by taking actions that build lasting connections and customer loyalty. Use of guest name.
• Inform guests of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, promoting Hotel owned outlets. Offer information of local points of interest.
• Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, ice, vending and laundry areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services, fans and air conditioning remotes, television channels, safety features of room and Hotel). Providing directions and points of interest, maps.
• Direct guests to room by escorting them to their room. Returning welcome drink glasses to the bars.
• Convey information to guest or other departments by receiving and transmitting messages, mail, packages, and delivery of valet guest laundry back to guest room.
• Controls of distributing pool towels, recording usage and guest information, presenting and receiving pool towel card and returns.
• Taking guest complaints or inquires and taking ownership to resolve. Reporting issues for correction to the appropriate departments, at which point sharing empathy and understanding and documenting follow-up with guest.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Assist in fire alarms, Police authority and emergency situations by fulfilling duties as directed.
• Assist with event functions and set up when directed.
• Assist with front desk and switchboard duties.
• Any Other related tasks as assigned.
• To be able to stand and move around for long hours.
• High school or equivalent education required.
• Previous Hospitality experience preferred.
• Basic computer skills.
• Front Office- Hotel experience preferred.
• Individual should possess characteristics that show a caring, empathetic, outgoing and warm personality.
• Must be honest, reliable, and trustworthy and have a high degree of integrity.
• Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills
• Ability to work all shifts, including weekends, evenings, and holidays
• Enjoy working with people.
• Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as intermediate level computer knowledge.
• Must be a team player who cooperates and works well with others.
• Works well under pressure and takes control in stressful situations.
• Well organized and possess excellent analytical skills.
• Telephone courtesy skills.
• Knowledgeable of Island attractions, venues and streets names.
• An eye for detail and follow-up.
• Continual learning, embrace change, implementing opportunities for improve service and guest experience.
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Weekend, Holiday, (Shifts)
Languages: Fluent in English
Send Applications To: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at Royal St. Kitts Hotel, P.O. Box 406, Frigate Bay, St. Kitts.
Applications must be submitted by November 15th , 2019