Apply now to be part of the Koi Resort Saint Kitts opening team in the position of Staff Accountant
Primary Objective of Function
Plan, direct and manage the provisions of accurate, timely and objective financial data from which informed management decisions can be made. Safeguard owner assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control systems. Hire the most professional, service-oriented, dedicated highly skilled, trained staff available. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the hotel Executive Committee. Oversee and ensure proper operation of the accounting office and prepares month-end and quarterly financial statements.
• In conjunction with the Corporate Office, support the General Manager and hotel financial goals by direct preparation of monthly and annual reports, summarize and forecast hotel’s revenues, expenses and earning based on past, present and expected operations.
• Prepare month-end financial statements through journal entries and merging reports in a computer.
• Distribute profit and loss statements to the appropriate personnel and answers questions pertaining to the P&L as requested.
• Perform the bank reconciliation for all accounts monthly.
• Prepare budgets, cash flows, financial stability of the property both currently and for the future.
• Negotiate and monitor contracts with hotel’s vendors.
• Ensure the collection and payment of applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
• Advise management of desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
• Arrange for audits of hotel’s accounts.
• Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Ensure compliance with Koi Resort SOPs; ensure compliance with all applicable laws.
• Assists other departments to make sure they are following the guidelines established by internal auditing and internal policies by visually observing work and work products daily.
• Implement procedures that will help lessen the liabilities of the property.
• Degree in Accounting or related area preferred.
• Minimum of four years’ related experience, including at least two years of supervisory/Managerial experience.
Closing date for receipt of applications is January 17, 2020.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Koi Resort & Residences
100 Koi Drive | Half Moon Bay
Basseterre | St. Kitts
1(869)465-4499 | 765-4497