The St. Kitts Tourism Authority (SKTA) is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Accounts Clerk.
The Accounts Clerk’s primary role is to support the Accounts Officer and the Finance Manager of the SKTA in the management of its finances, through the maintenance of its financial records.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain accurate records to be analysed for the preparation of the organization’s annual budget.
• Monitor all transactions relating to the organization’s promotional items and collateral.
• Prepare purchase orders.
• Prepare bills and invoices for sales or services rendered.
• Collect and record payments on outstanding receivable accounts.
• Assist in depositing daily cash/cheque receipts.
• Processing payables.
• Distribute cheques to vendors where necessary.
• Filing all accounting records.
Requirements and Qualifications
The Job Holder must possess the following:
• A minimum of 5 CXC subject passes, including: Principles of Accounts, English and Mathematics (minimum passing grade of II). An Associate Degree in Accounting is preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Applications and Quickbooks.
• At least two years’ experience in a similar role.
• Must be a good team player and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A calm and thoughtful disposition.
• Must be able to work flexible hours inclusive of weekends, nights and public holidays, on occasions.
• Commensurate with one’s qualifications.
Interested persons should apply on or before January 24th, 2020, by forwarding their applications accompanied by a resume to the Human Resource Manager, St. Kitts Tourism