Yachtsman Grill is seeking a Sous Chef
The Sous Chef will be responsible for:
• Food Production to achieve highest possible food quality, whilst reducing food cost
• Assisting the Executive Chef to maintain high standards of food quality, hygiene and safety in a fast-paced kitchen
• Maintaining enough stocks/ inventory in the stores and always ensuring the quality standards of all food items purchased
• Identifying the health hazards in the kitchen to be reported to the Executive Chef and ensuring the cleanliness and hygiene levels of all kitchen areas
• Assisting in controlling and minimizing food wastage and ensuring that costs are maintained as per the budget and monitoring staff adherence to proper food handling methods
• Ensuring guest satisfaction by handling guest complaints & special requests while adhering to the brand standards
• Assisting in menu planning and employee training and development
• Possess ability to adapt to creative new recipes and daily specials
The ideal candidate should possess:
A Diploma/ Certificate in Cookery from a recognized Restaurant/ Hotel School with 8- 10 years’ experience in a Restaurant or Hotel Kitchen. Must possess a minimum of 8 years of experience in F&B Preparation in which a minimum of 1 year of experience must be as a Sous Chef or in a similar capacity.
If you think you possess the required attributes to carry out the scope of work detailed above simply submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the date of this advertisement.
Nelson Spring, Nevis 869 469-1382