Title: Front Office Manager
Department: Front Office
Reports to: Operations Manager/General Manager
Job Summary: The Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring that we provide the highest level of guest service and ensuring that standards are maintained for all positions within the Front Desk, Night Audit, Concierge and maintenance requests. They are responsible to guide these departments in achieving our strategic directions through continual focus and reference to these strategies and to our vision. The Front Office Manager also serves as a resource to the overall operations of the hotel by providing assistance and direction as needed.
• Coordinates management of the Front Desk and Night Audit, to ensure a smooth operation and the highest level of guest satisfaction.
• Seeks feedback on guest satisfaction and resolves problems in accordance with our Mission Statement and philosophy of employee empowerment.
• Maximizes room revenue through participating in yield management group meetings and implementing and supporting agreed upon Revenue Management strategies and practices.
• Oversees group business, reviewing and ensuring details of conference or group resumes are met.
• Responsible for balancing operational, administrative and employee needs.
• Reviews arrival reports including Regular Guests as well as VIPs to ensure all special requirements are met or exceeded.
• Knows all emergency procedures and general crisis situation management, including fire and emergency procedures and ensures all employees follow these procedures ensuring guest safety.
• Develops, implements and maintains Service standards.
• Effectively maximizes inventory levels during high occupancy/sold out nights.
• Complies with the company policies, safety and general procedures and code of ethics.
• Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned.
• Participates in the Manager on Duty Program
• More than 3 years Front Desk experience
• More than 2 years of Managerial experience
• Understanding of budgeting, labour costs and hotel operations
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft office, Excel and property management systems and software
• Problem solving aptitudes
• Able to work in a team environment
• High work standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others