Opportunity at a Glance
The Ross Preparatory school is located on the campus of Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) on the island of St. Kitts. The prep school operates under and is guided by the overarching policies and protocols of RUSVM and AdTalem.
The mission of Ross Preparatory School is to provide an enriched US curriculum for children of faculty, staff and students of RUSVM along with members of the St. Kitts and Nevis Community. The curriculum is taught by highly trained and qualified teachers who, in partnership with parents and the community, motivate students to achieve academic success, develop a lifelong love of learning and become responsible global citizens. The Prep school is located on the RUSVM campus and follows a calendar that is very similar to the vet school.
Under the direction of the Ross Preparatory Principal, the Early Childhood Coordinator/Lead teacher is responsible for the management and delivery of comprehensive services for families and children in the Daycare and Preschool program at Ross Prep.
• Works collaboratively with Prep School administration to manage and deliver the Daycare/Preschool program at Ross Preparatory School
• Plans, organizes and implements the early childhood programs, this includes: Establishes daycare staff schedules, oversees the development and scheduling of classes, plans and coordinates special events, monitors program operations and addresses problems, issues or concerns.
• Supervises and directs the activities of all early childhood personnel including: assigning work priorities, gives work direction and develops in-service training for assigned staff and conducts daycare staff meetings
• Reviews, updates, and ensure implementation of the curriculum in classrooms to meet required standards and the individual needs of preschool children including developmental-delayed preschool children.
• Models, coaches and co-teach in early childhood classrooms.
• Able to work independently and manage classes ranging from nursery to age four.
• Keeps abreast of new developments in the areas of diagnosis, assessment, and treatment as it relates to infant and preschool evaluation and services.
• Keeps accurate and up-to-date records as established by local policy and complete required reports within required timelines.
• Provides in-service training to early childhood staff related to resources, standards, curriculum, teaching strategies, initiatives, classroom management,
• Performs public relations activities to promote and communicate the early childhood programs and services offered through Ross Prep/RUSVM
• Participates and is involved in various professional organizations in the area of Early Childhood education. • Attends conferences, meetings and serves on various committees or task forces.
• Develops, motivates and fosters collaborative relationships both inside and outside of the organization. Including parents, Ross Prep Principal, RUSVM Dean and Director of Operations, Min of Ed officials and representatives from other organizations.
• Applies judgment and discretion in handling problems and issues in accordance with the policies and procedures of AdTalem/RUSVM/Ross Prep
• Maintain records and documentation concerning student attendance, professional development, and parent involvement activities for early childhood.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and specialized subject knowledge required to perform the essential functions of the job:
• Capable of providing leadership for a vision of comprehensive early childhood education and care opportunities for the RUSVM community.
• Knowledge of local and U.S federal laws/regulations as they pertain to early childhood education programs.
• Knowledge of supervisory fundamentals, principles and trends
• Knowledge of early childhood programs, operations, programming and services.
• ability to manage multiple priorities, have initiative, good judgment, ability to work independently, strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Competent computer skills necessary to perform job; Microsoft Office experience preferred
• A bachelor s degree and license in early childhood/elementary education is preferred.
• or, A bachelor’s degree in social work, child development, child psychology or other related field with at least 80 hours of approved Early Childhood classes with documentation OR completed at least 15 credits in elementary education, child guidance, child development or other approved courses along with min 3yrs experience
• Must have 2 years previous experience working with children in a formal setting; minimum of 1 years supervisory experience or administration preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) offers an accredited Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree, postgraduate certification, integrated DVM/Master of Science (MSc) dual degree programs, and Doctoral (Ph.D.) degrees. Our unique program of broad-based curriculum integrates research opportunities and classroom study in St. Kitts with hands-on clinical training at affiliated AVMA-accredited veterinary schools. Cutting-edge curriculum with innovative technology and simulation provides the best possible training as we aim to lead veterinary training worldwide by creating an exemplary program uniquely designed to graduate today’s practice-ready veterinarians and tomorrow’s leaders and discoverers.
The mission of RUSVM is to provide the best learning environment to prepare students to become members and leaders of the worldwide public and professional healthcare team, advancing human and animal health (One Health) through research and knowledge exchange. Learn more about Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.veterinary.rossu.edu.
Join the Ross University Team Today!
Apply online at https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/ross-university-school-of-veterinary-medicine