REPORTS TO: HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER
To perform a combination of tasks which maintain hotel premises and guest rooms, in a clean and orderly manner, thereby contributing to a pleasant, positive guest experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To sweep and keep all walkways clean and free of cobwebs
• To assist room attendants with their daily duties in the Hotel guest rooms. e.g. (clean sliding doors and tracks, bathroom windows, patio walls, hard to reach areas such as ceiling fans, light fixtures, front and top of a/c units, on top of cupboards, on top of refrigerators, washing ceilings and walls. Moving heavy furniture and retrieving additional items from laundry and storerooms.
• Responsible for ensuring bed mattresses are turned every three months according to mattress indicators and warranty.
• To assist room attendants with anything they might need from the laundry or store room.
• Collection of soiled linens and towels from the room attendants to the laundry.
• Collection of soiled beach towels from pools and return clean fresh towels to pools.
• Tear down, reset and cleaning of Conference Center and meeting rooms.
• To ensure that all windows, pictures and ceiling fans in the lobby is cleaned on a monthly basis.
• To assist with the cleaning of the gym and the equipment and restocking supplies.
• Public area cleaning and sanitation.
• Perform duties of a Room Attendant when necessary.
• Removal and disposing of trash.
• Report to Maintenance inoperative guest room and public area fixtures.
• To carry out any other duties determined by management.
• Deliver and set up of cots and cribs to guest rooms, and respond timely to miscellaneous requests.
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies.
• Cleaning of staff areas and facilities.
• Cleaning of Housekeeping equipment and care.
• Documentation of work assignments.
• Responsible for care and use of communication devices. E.g. mobile radio.
• Ability to follow instructions and assist in emergency situations.
• Previous Hotel Housekeeping experience preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent Hospitality Training/ certification.
• Excellent command of English language, reading, writing, speaking.
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Highly responsible and reliable, dependable.
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team or work individually.
• Possess a professional demeanor and hospitality personality working with the public.
ANY SPECIAL DEMAND:
• Constant standing, and walking through out shift.
• Frequent lifting and carrying of (50) fifty pounds.
• Frequent kneeling, stretching, pushing, pulling, lifting.
• Able to ascend or descend ladders, stairs and ramps.
• Ability to work in various weather conditions.
• Able to work in hot, humid conditions.
• Possess stamina to work efficiently to meet production goals.
• Ability to work around pets.
• Ability to work with chemicals.
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Weekend, Holiday (Shifts)
Send applications to: email@example.com