Opportunity at a Glance
Chamberlain University, like Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM), is part of Adtalem Global Education. Chamberlain University is seeking to recruit a finance analyst on short-term contract (up to 6 months in the first instance) located at the Ross University campus in St. Kitts. The finance analyst will support managerial & financial accounting activities at Chamberlain University including budgeting and forecasting, financial reporting, financial modelling, month end close activities and business analysis. This position is essential in supporting Chamberlain campuses and business units in meeting key strategic and financial targets. The successful candidate will possess a strong academic background in finance, accounting, or a related field along with proven experience as a financial analyst or staff accountant. The candidate will be flexible and customer-focused, with the ability to understand and respond quickly to the dynamic needs of the university. The ability to work independently, without close supervision, is required. The post-holder will report to the finance manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the preparation, review and consolidation of the annual budget.
• Support the finance manager with core activities of the monthly accounting close, including the preparation and posting of journal entries, and investigation of variances.
• Assist the finance manager with monthly forecasting activities and management reporting.
• Provide analytical decision support including program profitability and cost variance analysis.
• Support the preparation of capital expenditure requests, ensuring budget and policy compliance.
• Lead the preparation and distribution of monthly operating financial reports.
• Complete department variance and trend analyses and assists the finance manager in providing financial guidance to business leaders, ensuring compliance against performance targets.
• Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field is required. A graduate degree is preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of finance and/or accounting experience with demonstrated ability to analyse financial and operational data.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with developing financial models
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving, and analytical skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment, build consensus and promote the exchange of information among team members.
• Knowledge of GAAP accounting standards, SOX compliance, financial modelling, and budget management concepts.
• Previous experience with accounting and/or financial planning software is desirable.You may apply for this role by emailing your résumé to RFrancis@Chamberlain.edu with the email subject: Finance Analyst vacancy.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drugfree workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 22 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part
of Adtalem Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
Join the Ross University Team Today!
Apply online at https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/ross-university-school-of-veterinary-medicine