Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Credit Manager at the Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited.
Bachelor’s Degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Management, or related field; a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in credit administration which include: credit origination and risk management; and at least three (3) years in a management position and or leadership role.
• Oversee the development, implementation, and management of the NCCU’s credit administration and credit risk functions.
• Manage multiple workflows within the Credit Department, including those related to the credit application, data collection, risk analysis and client onboarding; portfolio management; and delinquency management.
• Evaluate commercial credit applications by using both quantitative and qualitative data and performing in-depth credit analysis to ascertain the viability of businesses seeking finance from the NCCU.
• Oversee the credit risk management function of the Credit Department including credit risk analysis, portfolio monitoring, securities management, and credit control and recoveries.
• Provide leadership daily; acting as a role model for success and engagement; and creating a positive work environment conducive to trust and transparency.
• Recommend appropriate policy and procedures changes to expand the credit product offerings, improve the efficiency of credit portfolio management, enhance the customer service experience, and increase interest income and overall profitability of the NCCU.
• Establish frameworks to support the creation and implementation of credit products on an ongoing basis.
• Establish performance goals for staff; measure and monitor results; and report monthly productivity and or efficiency results to the General Manager.
• Conduct ongoing assessments/analysis of the Credit Portfolio and ensuring timely reporting to the General Manager and Board of Directors when necessary.
• Keep abreast of current market conditions and financial market development.
• Ensure that all credit related functions are carried out in compliance with the policies and procedures of the institution.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Sound knowledge of consumer, commercial and mortgage credit underwriting procedures.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills and keen attention to details.
• Strong leadership skills and good judgement and decision-making ability.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of credit union and or banking regulations.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, supported by effective oral and written communication skill.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and managing a heavy workload with minimum errors.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and use of modern communication technology.
Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Application and two (2) references must be sent to:
The General Manager
Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited
P. O. Box 452, Chapel Street
All applications must be received not later than Friday July 30, 2021.