Title: Laundry Attendant
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Royal St Kitts Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Frigate Bay. With 227 luxury studios and suites each with its own fully stocked and equipped kitchen, it is simply your ‘home away from home’. Due to our expanding growth, we are hiring a PM Laundry Attendant to join our team.
Job Summary: To prepare and launder all guest clothing and linen entering and leaving the laundry daily, ensuring that they are clean and well maintained at all times. This is to guarantee Guest satisfaction and the smooth operation of the hotel and proper sanitation.
• Inspect all items entering the laundry for stains, tears and treating stained linens before washing.
• Fold linens to Hotel standards and keep stock and laundry organized, including storage areas.
• Ensure that all washing and drying is done by full loads.
• Keep a written record of all rejected items.
• Report all maintenance issues as soon as they are discovered with equipment, water temperatures and volume.
• Ensure that all guest clothing are returned the same day and forward charges to Front Office.
• Ensuring that all garment instructions are always followed by reading labels. For example “dry clean only”, “Wash in cold water only”,” No ironing”, “Hand wash only”.
• Monitor the usage of and minimize the wastage of laundry products(detergent, bleach, and softener)
• Ensure that the hotel is always supplied with sufficient clean, well maintained and ironed items in order to meet our client’s needs.
• Ensure that room attendant’s carts are packed and ready for next day’s use.
• Assist guest with any needs or problems that may arise during the course of the night.
• Ensure all Hotel outlets are supplied on time for events, functions and pools.
• Any other duties assigned by management.
• Minimum of (1) one year’s experience in a commercial laundry.
• High school diploma or related Hospitality certification for laundry within a commercial setting.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Ability to read, speak and understand the English language.
• Capacity to work as a member of a team or an individual with minimal supervision.
• Demeanor to remain calm in tense or stressful situations.
• A positive and friendly attitude towards guests, and fellow employees.
• Must be available to work evenings
• Physical requirements necessary include walking, standing, bending, lifting, reaching for extended periods.
• Ability to work in a moderately noisy work environment for extended periods.
• Must be able to lift (50) fifty pounds.
• Ability to work in a hot, humid environment for extended periods.
Terms of Employment: PM, shifts, weekends
Transportation/Travel: Bus shuttle transportation is available
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and submitted by September 30th, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted