What are the most desirable qualities for job seekers in the 2000 workplace? Watson Wyatt, a global consulting firm, offers the following list of in-demand skills:
1. Willingness to share information and ideas.
2. Commitment to teamwork.
3. Responsiveness to change.
4. Ability to work under pressure.
5. Sense of ownership of work and ideas.
6. Willingness to take calculated risks, without fear of consequences.
7. Multicultural experience and/or ability to speak multiple languages.
8. Ability to communicate clearly and honestly with peers, managers, customers.
9. Understanding of business strategy and how you create shareholder value.
10. Commitment to continuous learning, skill development.