Insurance Tips – Save Money
Most people want to save money on their insurance costs by paying the lowest possible premium.
But what is the cost to you if you are involved in an accident?
The two most common causes of major motor accidents are speed and tailgating. Accidents involving either speed or tailgating are very preventable, and if avoided, the chance of an accident is greatly reduced.
Here are some of the costs associated with a motor accident:
- The cost of the deductible ($750 or higher)
- The cost of alternate transportation (over $1000 for 5 days)
- You or your family’s medical bills ($100 to thousands)
- Other persons medical bills ($100 to thousands)
- Loss of all, or part, of your No Claim Bonus (EC$100 to several thousand)
- Increased cost of your renewal premium in some circumstances (EC $150.00 to thousands)
- Magistrate Court Fines (EC$500 and upward)
- Lawyers Fees
- Loss of time for magistrate or civil court proceedings (time is money)
- Increased police and judiciary costs (increased taxes)
- Associated VAT costs (17% on labor & materials)
- Increased costs for telephone usage, cost of estimates, cost of police reports
- Increased costs of depreciation of vehicle, cost of loss of income in business use etc etc
As can be seen, if you drive with caution all of the above costs and tribulations can be totally avoided by preventative and safe driving. We see it every day! Drive carefully and evade unnecessary costs.
Delisle Walwyn & Co. Ltd
Local agents for Caribbean Alliance Insurance Co. Ltd