The examinations section of the Department of Education administers many exams on behalf of a number of overseas exam boards and awarding bodies. The range of exams that are offered can improve one’s education and career prospects, including business and professional qualifications.
Examinations Administered by this section of the Department of Education are as follows:
- Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) Examinations held in the months of January and May/June
- Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations (CAPE) held in May/June
- Caribbean Certificate of Secondary Level Examinations (CCSLC) held in June
- Cambridge International Examinations GCE O and A Levels held in May/June
The following professional examinations are also supervised by this section:-
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
- University of London LLB
- University of Wolverhampton (Holborn LLB)
- Canadian Securities Industry (CSI) Institute of Canadian Bankers
- International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP)
- University of Derby
- Pennsylvania State University
- University of Sunderland Business School
- Leeds University
In addition to these examinations St. Kitts Ministry of Education also administer examinations for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) in the USA. These examinations are the SAT, GRE and GMAT, and they are done by direct registrations to Educational Testing Service.
TOEFL, (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is also done by direct registration at www.toefl.org and it is administered by the Robert Ross International School of Nursing.
The Examination section of the Department of Education is responsible for:
- Issuing of certified statements of examination results to members of the public on request.
- Registering private candidates for the CSEC, CAPE, and Cambridge examinations which are usually done in January and May/June.
- Issuing examination results and certificates
- Registration for January CXC examinations starts during the first week of September and ends during the last week of September, and registration for the May/June examinations is from October to November.
- Registration for the May/June Cambridge examinations starts during the first week of January and ends during the last week of January.
- Registration for June CCSLC starts during the first week in January.
- Registration for SAT’s is done at www.collegeboard.com (SAT’s are administered during the following months: January, May, June, October, November, and December).
- Registration forms for CSEC, CAPE and Cambridge are available at the examinations office during the dates for registration.
Lost Certificates or damaged certificates:
- Lost certificates cannot be replaced by the exams office. If a certificate is lost, a certified statement showing subjects passed is issued at a cost of EC$10.00
- Replacement of CSEC or CAPE certificates can only be made through the Caribbean Examinations Council at a cost of $100.00 US
- Forms for replacement certificates can be downloaded from the council’s website. www.cxc.org
- Change in subject, proficiency, or unit – Bds $50.00 ($68.00 EC)
- Change in name, date of birth or gender – Bds $50.00 ($68.00 EC)
- Late Entry Fees (paid in addition to subject and/or candidate fees)- Bds $50.00 ($68.00 EC)
- Transfer Fee(within or outside a territory) Bds $27.00 ($37.00 EC)
- Certificate of Amendment Fee (includes the Bds $50.00 Amendment Fee)
- January CSEC Exams – First week of March
- May/June CAPE – Second week of August
- May/June CSEC – Third week of August
- June CCSLC – Fourth week of August
- May/ June Cambridge – Second Week of August
- January CSEC Exams – Last week of April
- May/June CAPE – Last week of October
- May/June CSEC – Third week of November
- June CCSLC – Second week of October
- May/ June Cambridge – Second Week of October