Basseterre, St. Kitts – 31 January, 2019: The United Kingdom has published a White Paper which proposes that from 2021 UK Immigration Rules will apply to EU and non-EU migrants alike in a single immigration system which selects people on the basis of their skills and talent as opposed to their nationality.
It is also important to note the following:
- The introduction of an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) scheme similar to the scheme operating in the USA
- An improved system for business making greater use of technology. Applications will be online and permissions will be granted electronically. A lighter touch sponsorship route will be introduced.
- Greater use of e-gates for low risk travelers
- Greater access for global talent such as top international scientists and start-up companies
- New entry routes for temporary short-term workers
- No limit for international students and an extended visa period after graduation
- Improved compliance system making better use of data and technology
- Continuing support for family life and vulnerable persons
- The Common Travel Area allowing travel between the UK, Ireland and the Crown Dependencies will continue
This article was posted in its entirety as received by SKNVibes.com. This media house does not correct any spelling or grammatical error within press releases and commentaries. The views expressed therein are not necessarily those of SKNVibes.com, its sponsors or advertisers