The St. Kitts and Nevis Bureau of Standards (SKNBS) would like to inform the general public that it will be adopting seven (7) standards. Of the seven standards, persons are asked take note of two in particular, namely, the standards for Labelling of Pre-Packaged Food and the General Labelling Requirements for Goods.
Persons wishing to see the scope of the standard can log on to www.sknbs.org It can also be found on www.sknis.kn
The standards will come into effect tentatively at the end of August 2019.
The other standards to be adopted at the end of August 2019 include:
• Specification for Packaged Water
• Requirements and Recommendations for Beach Operations
• Environmental Management Systems
• Regional Energy Efficiency Building Code
• Labelling of Goods – Specific Requirements for Pre-Packaged Goods
Persons are encouraged to contact the Bureau of Standards at (869) 465-5279 or write in on email@example.com if they have any comments or questions.