Javascript Menu by

SKNBuzz Radio - Strictly Local Music Toon Center
My Account | Contact Us  
 Home  >  Headlines  >  NEWS
Posted: Thursday 10 September, 2020 at 4:44 PM

Grandson of suspect in teen cousins’ murder killed in village backdam

By: Stanford Conway,

    GEORGETOWN, Guyana – AS sleuths from the Guyana Police Force are battling to solve the barbaric killing of Joel Henry (19) and Isiah Henry (16) of Number Three Village West Coast Berbice (WCB), another WCB teenager was brutally killed yesterday (Sept. 9).


    Dead is 17-year-old Haresh Singh of Number Two Village WCB, whose unconscious body was found in the backdam of his village with suspected multiple chop wounds and other marks of violence.


    According to a police report, Singh had left his home on his motorcycle to attend to his farm in the village backdam. However, sometime after his departure, relatives had noticed smoke emanating from the backdam area and, on investigating, found him lying unconscious with blood oozing from his nose.


    The teen was transported to the New Amsterdam Public Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.


    According to Kaieteur News, Singh is the relative of three of the suspects currently in police custody for the double murder of Isaiah and Joel Henry. 


    The media house also stated that Singh’s sister, Amrita Singh, said that there were reports of some men from Number Five Village that had beaten and chopped her brother in the backdam. 


    Kaieteur News further stated that according to the woman, her brother had ventured to the backdam on his motorcycle to take water for some labourers.


    “Like around 12:00 he had to go down to the backdam to carry down water and shortly after we get message that somebody beat he…he head knock and he was bleeding from he ears and nose,” the media house quoted the sister as saying.


    It noted that while at the New Amsterdam Hospital, Singh’s uncle had told reporters that he got the message around 11:00hrs that Singh was beaten in the backdam. 


    Kaieteur News also reported that another relative stated that prior to Singh’s death, his home was stoned by protesters who had issued threats after finding out that his grandfather and two other relatives were arrested for the Henry boys’ murder.


    Crime Chief Wendell Blanhum had said that no one has been arrested in connection with the murder but investigations are ongoing.


 Similar/Related News Articles...
Posted: 10-Sep-2020
Barbaric killing of two teens spark...
Copyright © 2020 SKNVibes, Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy   Terms of Service