The following is an announcement from the Ministry of Health regarding a call for MUA/NIA scholarship applications from May 17 to June 25, 2021.
About the MUA/NIA Scholarship
The Medical University of the Americas (MUA) and The Nevis Island Administration (NIA) will offer two (2) scholarships for academic year 2021-2022 to well deserving high school graduates with a sound academic record. Scholarships will be awarded towards the pursuit of undergraduate studies which lead to a degree at an accredited university or higher learning institution.
The scholarships can be awarded for up to four (4) years of study at:
• University of the West Indies
• Any four (4) year United States based institution
• The Medical University of the Americas (MUA)
• Environmental Health
• Dental Hygiene
• Occupational/Speech Therapy
• Health Educator
• Biomedical Engineering
• Health Information Management
• Occupational Health & Safety
• Supply Chain Management (Health)
• Social Work
Eligibility Requirements Candidates
• Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
• Must be a citizen of St. Kitts/Nevis
• Must have at least five (5) CXC CSEC passes including Mathematics, English and one (1) Science
• Must be active in community service
• Persons who are already attending University will not be considered for this Scholarship
Requirements Regarding Institutions
• St. George’s University, Grenada is not a qualifying institution
• Offshore Universities are not qualifying institutions
• Scholarships cannot be awarded for the pursuit of studies at Community Colleges
• Preference will be given to Universities in the Caribbean region
• Application form
• Birth or naturalization certificate
• Police Record
• Passport Sized Picture
• Certified copies of CXC/CSEC/CAPE passes
• Copy of acceptance letter from tertiary institution
• Official costing of programme including tuition, room and board etc
• Letter of reference from high school teacher
• Letter of reference from a community service organization stating your active involvement
• Eight hundred-one thousand (800-1000) word essay stating your future goals and why you are deserving of this scholarship.
• MUA /NIA Scholarships will be awarded to begin studies in August 2021 - February 2022
• Applications will be accepted beginning May 17, 2021 and conclude on June 25, 2021.
• Applications MUST be typewritten and submitted in hard copy to the address below:
MUA/NIA Scholarship Committee
? The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Finalists will be contacted for an interview after the close of the application period.
• Questions about the eligibility and other matters regarding the application process can be forwarded to email@example.com or to Ms. Shelisa Martin-Clarke at 469–5521-Ext 6490.
• Scholarship recipients MUST maintain a 3.0 GPA to remain eligible for this scholarship over the course of study.
• Applicants MUST agree to return to the Federation within twelve (12) months of completing his/her chosen programme of study.
• Scholarship recipients are required to sign a Bond with the Nevis Island Administration which requires a service commitment to be rendered to the Federation of St. Kitts/Nevis for a period of up to five (5) years.
This article was posted in its entirety as received by SKNVibes.com. This media house does not correct any spelling or grammatical error within press releases and commentaries. The views expressed therein are not necessarily those of SKNVibes.com, its sponsors or advertisers