Javascript Menu by

SKNBuzz Radio - Strictly Local Music Toon Center
My Account | Contact Us  
 Home  >  Headlines  >  NEWS
Posted: Friday 14 May, 2021 at 1:36 PM

Police release details on illegal entry from Antigua

By: Staff Reporter,

    Stolen fishing vessel in custody


    BASSETERRE, St. Kitts - POLICE are not yet releasing the identity of the 26-year-old male who caused a panic after he illegally entered the Federation from neighbouring Antigua and Barbuda with a stolen fishing vessel.


    Reporters were informed that the identity would be presented when the person is officially charged in the coming weeks after he is out of quarantine.


    The man reportedly entered St. Kitts via Lime Kiln on Tuesday (May 11) morning and was on the run since then. Police, yesterday (May 13) morning, however indicated that the he was caught in the Buckley’s area.


    In a statement late last evening on the capture, police said the man entered the Federation on Tuesday without passing through a legal port of entry and was apprehended by the police on Thursday in a house in the Buckley’s Development area sometime after 3:00 a.m.. 


    Police noted that the search for the man began on May 11, after they received information about a fishing vessel landing at Lime Kiln Bay and an individual with a suitcase getting off the vessel and running into the Lime Kiln/Village area. 


    Despite being made aware of the individual not presenting himself to Immigration, the police took more than 24 hours to notify the public about his illegal entry.


    The announcement of the man’s entry into the Federation was made at the NEOC on Wednesday (May 12) evening sometime after 5:00 p.m..


    As SKNVibes has been reporting, the individual is a national of the Federation and has been placed in a government  designated quarantine facility under police guard.


    According to yesterday’s police press release, Superintendent Cromwell Henry disclosed that the COVID-19 test result for the man was negative and he would be tested again at the end of 14 days.


    The vessel in which the man arrived on the island was taken into custody by the St. Kitts and Nevis Coast Guard and, investigations, so far, have revealed that it was stolen in Antigua and Barbuda on May 10.



 Similar/Related News Articles...
Posted: 13-May-2021
Illegal entry suspect nabbed by pol...
Copyright © 2021 SKNVibes, Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy   Terms of Service