Basseterre, St. Kitts, June 04, 2021 (SKNIS): The Team Unity Cabinet of Ministers met on Monday, May 31, 2021, at the Ministry of Finance Conference Room, under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Dr. the Honourable Timothy Harris. Several issues affecting the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis were deliberated on.
• The Chief Medical Officer updated the Cabinet on the progress of the vaccination roll-out campaign and the then cluster of COVID-19 cases, which lead to the Cabinet making the decision to extend the opening hours of all health centers for persons who wished to be inoculated.
• The Cabinet was updated on the reports by the National COVID-19 Task Force and the Chief Medical Officer informed the Cabinet on the efforts to source additional vaccines. She reported that 59 percent of the target population had been inoculated with at least one dose. It was agreed that the FIFA football matches of the 4th and 8th of June at Warner Park will still go on but will be spectator-less.
• The Commissioner of Police reported to the Cabinet that serious crime had decreased. He also related that 70 percent of the Police Force were vaccinated.
• Cabinet was advised that British Airways was in discussions with the Federation’s Tourism Authority to start a once per week flight into the RLB International Airport.
• The cabinet engaged the St. Christopher Air and Sea Ports Authority (SCASPA) to hold on to their new protocols for accessing the Port Authority.
• Cabinet was informed that the Ministry of International Trade is in negotiation with regional authorities, CARICOM, and the Government of Trinidad and Tobago to ensure a consistent supply of Portland cement to the Federation. The Cabinet was advised of how far the negotiations had progressed.
• Cabinet approved submissions that will improve the economic situation of the Federation and add to the development of the country.
• The Cabinet was advised of the advent of the 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season by the Director of the National Emergency Operations Center (NEOC), who said that the NEOC and his team are fully prepared.
• In spite of the present circumstances, preliminary plans for Independence 38 are taking place and the themes for the focus have been suggested and will be fleshed out over time.
This article was posted in its entirety as received by SKNVibes.com. This media house does not correct any spelling or grammatical error within press releases and commentaries. The views expressed therein are not necessarily those of SKNVibes.com, its sponsors or advertisers