Javascript Menu by Deluxe-Menu.com

SKNBuzz Radio - Strictly Local Music Toon Center
My Account | Contact Us  

Our Partner For Official online store of the Phoenix Suns Jerseys

 Home  >  Headlines  >  NEWS
Posted: Friday 22 May, 2026 at 7:18 PM

Breaking: Caribbean Airlines to withdraw service to St Kitts and Dominica

By: Jermine Abel, SKNVibes.com

    BASSETERRE, St Kitts – THE Kamla Persad-Bissessar administration in Trinidad and Tobago has announced plans to withdraw Caribbean Airlines’ service to St Kitts and Nevis and Dominica as the carrier moves to restructure operations following significant financial losses.

     

    The decision was announced on Friday in Trinidad and Tobago’s National Assembly as the airline seeks to focus only on routes deemed economically viable.

     

    Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation, Eli Zakour, told Parliament that a review conducted by Caribbean Airlines’ Route Oversight Committee found that several routes introduced under the airline’s 2023 expansion programme were not financially sustainable.

     

    As a result, the airline will discontinue service to St Kitts and Nevis and Dominica effective June 1. The St. Kitts operation was launched back in 2023, while the Dominica flights were launched only last year.

     

    According to Zakour, the St Kitts route recorded losses of more than US$1.65 million as of April this year, while the Dominica route generated losses of approximately US$730,000 over the same period.

     

    The minister also revealed that the nonstop Guyana-to-Suriname service suffered losses totaling US$1.24 million.

     

    Additionally, Caribbean Airlines will reduce the number of flights to the French overseas territories of Martinique and Guadeloupe.

     

    “That review has confirmed that several routes launched under the 2023 expansion programme were introduced without adequate commercial justification and have generated sustained financial losses for the company since inception,” Zakour said.

     

    The minister further disclosed that the Jamaica-to-Fort Lauderdale route, which was discontinued in November last year, generated losses of US$7.2 million. Meanwhile, the Trinidad-to-Puerto Rico service, which ended in January, recorded losses of US$4.92 million.

     

    He added that, as of April 2026, the affected routes collectively recorded losses exceeding US$18.84 million, which is equal more than TT$128 million.

     

    Zakour noted that all  affected passengers will be contacted directly regarding refunds, travel credits, or alternative travel arrangements.

     

     

     

Copyright © 2026 SKNVibes, Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy   Terms of Service