Javascript Menu by

SKNBuzz Radio - Strictly Local Music Toon Center
My Account | Contact Us  

Our Partner For Official online store of the Phoenix Suns Jerseys

 Home  >  Headlines  >  NEWS
Posted: Friday 13 June, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Shooting with intent appeal adjourned; Robbery appeal allowed

Allister Forde (L) and Jermaul Jules
By: Court Reporter,

    BASSETERRE, St. Kitts – ALLISTER FORDE, who was scheduled to appeal his 15-year sentence on Tuesday (Jun. 10), had his matter was once again adjourned as he was not prepared to proceed with the case.


    Forde was convicted on September 26, 2011 by a 12-member jury of a December 21, 2010 incident of shooting at Troy McDonald while at Godwin Ghaut.

    During the trial, McDonald told the Court that he was outside his home picking passion fruits when he saw the accused, who asked him who he was looking at.

    An argument erupted between the two and Forde disappeared into the Marsham’s home and returned with a firearm, which he used to shoot twice at McDonald.

    The first shot hit a stone on the ground which hit McDonald on his knee and the second shot hit a shed in the yard.

    McDonald then ran inside for cover and called the police and his stepfather.

    Forde's appeal is expected to be heard at the next local sitting of the Appeal Court in October, 2014.

    Meanwhile, Jermaul Jules had his robbery conviction appeal allowed on Tuesday (Jun. 10).

    He was convicted and sentenced to six years in prison for robbing a British tourist couple at Rawlins Plantation Inn on January 14, 2009. He was convicted by a 12-member jury on March 3, 2011.

    Evidence presented at trial suggested that at around midnight on the day in question, Jules had entered the room in which Rogers was staying at Rawlins Plantation Inn and, with the aid of a machete, threatened him and his wife. He was successful in robbing them of EC$400 and a BlackBerry Smartphone.

    It was also stated in Court that he told the couple he would kill them if they had intentions of reporting the incident to the police.

    Rogers was unable to give sufficient description of the perpetrator to the police, but while patrolling in St. Paul’s on January 17, 2009, officers observed Jules outside his home with a bag in his hand.

    He was formally arrested and charged on the following day.

    The Court was told that Jules had placed the bag near the front of his home before entering the building. And having returned to the outside, he was nabbed by police officers. He tried desperately to escape their grasp and a search of the bag revealed a cellular phone similar to the one reported stolen from the Rogers.

    On Tuesday, the matter was called to be heard but, after some errors were made at his trial, the Director of Public Prosecution conceded to have his conviction appeal allowed.

    The appeal was allowed and Jules was set free.
Copyright © 2024 SKNVibes, Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy   Terms of Service