As long as hearts remember, as long as hearts still care, we do not part with those we love, they’re with us everywhere.
It is with a deep sense of sorrow and loss, the Warner and Pennyfeather families, announces the passing of our brother, brother-in-law and uncle; Richard Charles Shelford, on Saturday, February 8th, 2020, at the age of 81.
He passed away peacefully and he will be sadly missed and forever more remembered, by:
His remaining sisters; Wilma Nicholas & Carmen Warner, their children, Alan & Christopher Nicholas, Patricia Nicholas-Mahon, and Richard Warner-Adams.
His brothers-in-law; Lloyd Pennyfeather Sr., Neville Adams and Patrick Nicholas.
His nephews; Kenneth, Patrick, Michael and Lloyd Jr. Pennyfeather.
- His grand-nephews; Kevin, Mark, Cameron, AJ, Allaric, Xaviee, Zavon Pennyfeather and Zimbo Francis.
- His grand-nieces; Dawn Pennyfeather, Imani Pennyfeather, Melanie Bye-Keufler, Roma Richardson and Cleo Crossley-Rose.
- His nieces-in-law; Deb Pennyfeather, Marcia Pennyfeather, Arlene Edwards, Vanessa Francis-Pennyfeather.
- His many cousins including - Leona Warner-Matthew & Family, Myris Warner-Guishard & Family, Doreen Warner-McMahon & Family, Centilia Warner & Family, Sylvia Warner-Isaac & Family, Harwood Williams & Family, Verlyn Warner & Family, Frank, Thelma and Merida Bartlette and their families. Melvin Shelford and Augustus Shelford and their families.
- And, the members of the TM movement in Canada and around the world.
For life and death are one. Life must end. Love doesn’t. He was pre-deceased by: his mother; Ellen Warner, his sister; Pauline Pennyfeather and his nephew; Allan Pennyfeather.
A visitation will be held at, Serenity Funeral Service, located at 5311-91 Street, NW, Edmonton, Alberta, on Thursday, February 20, 2020, from 7:00PM to 9:00PM
A Celebration of Life will be held on Friday, February 21, 2020, at 1:00 PM, at the Edmonton Moravian Church, located at 9540-83 Avenue, NW, Edmonton, Alberta. Reverend Rebecca Craver will officiate.
The family wishes to express their sincere gratitude to the doctors and nurses at the Leduc Community Hospital unit 21 and 22, all the caregivers from Bayshore Home Health and the staff at MacTaggart Place Retirement Residence, for their kindness, support and care, shown to Richard during his time there and his illness.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations in Richard’s honor may be made to:
- The Edmonton Moravian Church, 9540 - 83Avenue, NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T6C 1B9
- His favorite charity for world peace. The Pandit Peace Initiative, at vedicpandits.ca or the charity coordinator: Carolyn Grayson - firstname.lastname@example.org