Start a New Life!
With Massy United Insurance Ltd.
We want you to start a new life, with Massy United Insurance Ltd. We would be delighted to have you join our expanding team of professionals, as we offer you the opportunity to work with a growing Company which operates in 19 territories across the region. You will be joining a financially strong, AM Best A- (Excellent) rated Company, at an exciting time of growth and collaboration throughout the entire Massy Group. As an employee of Massy United Insurance Ltd., you can expect to experience many benefits offered throughout our network of Massy companies, the opportunity to be a team member in a Group which provides opportunities for growth and career advancement and the opportunity to realise your goals.
We would like you to consider the great opportunity of Branch Manager.
This position reports to the CEO and is based in St. Kitt’s.
The Opportunity, highlights of the role:
• Provide overall conceptual and strategic leadership to the St. Kitt’s Branch.
• Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the CEO, Executives, Board and staff with the development of long range and annual plans and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans.
• Manage the daily operations of the Branch.
• Prepare, manage and achieve annual budget.
• Ensure compliance with all internal and external audits.
• Lead and ensure the company adheres to all legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure that KYC processes are complied with, in accordance with Company policies.
• Operate in accordance with the Delegation of Authority (DOA) policies of the Company.
• Maintain working knowledge of all company operations from insurance underwriting and claims guidelines to human resources management.
• Ensure that the Branch has adequate technical skills to service its customers professionally, and arrange for training where additional skills are required.
• Analyze market conditions and trends, which impact on the business, to inform decisions.
• Oversee execution of Company or program policies
• Lead the Underwriting and Claims strategies and operations.
• Responsible for the business development of the Branch.
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Lead, by example, in all areas of your performance.
• Demonstrate the Massy Leadership Expectations.
• Travel is required.
Qualifications and Specific Competencies:
• Required: A minimum of five (5) years’ management and/or sales/business development experience.
• Proven record of accomplishment in meeting sales, customer retention and new business targets.
• Asset: Bachelor’s Degree in Management or a related discipline and/or A recognised insurance qualification such as the ACII or CIP.
• Asset: Experience in underwriting Commercial risks.
• Demonstrate integrity.
• Demonstrate accountability.
• Demonstrate management proficiency.
• Demonstrate people leadership and development.
• Be a decision maker and change leader.
• Be a relationship builder.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrate strategic thinking and planning.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the software applications suitable for the position.
Rewards and Benefits
An attractive remuneration and benefits package is being offered commensurate with the candidates’ experience. Our benefits package includes participation in the Group Life, Medical Assistance and Pension Schemes. We also offer our employees special promotions at participating Massy Group companies.
To start your new life, submit your detailed curriculum vitae, to the Human Resources Director, by July 19, 2019.
The Human Resources Department
Massy United Insurance Ltd.
All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Please make reference to the position of interest within the subject line of your email.
Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.