Are you self-motivated, precise, customer-care focused, enthusiastic, flexible and innovative? Do you have a sense of urgency, professional mindset and enjoy working in a luxury fast paced environment with variety? Do you want to build a career in the luxury hospitality industry?
If you answered yes, a career with Christophe Harbour could be perfect for you.
Christophe Harbour is an ultra-luxury lifestyle development in exquisite St. Kitts. For more information about our resort and services go to www.christopheharbour.com.
Join us on our journey to create an extraordinary legacy of distinctive luxury experience in the Caribbean. We are looking for remarkable individuals who have what it takes to be a member of the Christophe Harbour team.
You will play an important role in creating the Christophe Harbour remarkable luxury experience.
As a member of the Culinary team you will prepare hot and cold dishes in line with the restaurant’s concept and food safety & hygiene standards. You will be expected to ensure consistent food quality according to agreed recipes and standards of presentation.
• Organise and prepare ingredients - butchering, fish mongering, sauces, garnishes in readiness for service.
• Ensure all menu items are properly prepared using correct recipes, methods of preparation and presentation.
• Collaborate and communicate with the front of house team to create a smooth service flow and a remarkable guest experience.
• Ensure all food preparation and storage areas are maintained in a clean and hygienic condition. Keep surfaces and small equipment clean.
• Follow food safety and hygiene standards for prepare and storing raw ingredients and cooked foods.
• Minimum of (1) one year experience as junior/line Cook
• Luxury or boutique resort/hotel or independent restaurant ideal.
• Graduate of Hotel Training School with academic or professional qualifications in Culinary Arts OR willing and able to complete professional or academic culinary qualifications – desirable but not essential.
• Passion for culinary and a desire to learn is a must.
• Good general culinary and knife skills.
• Good knowledge of food storage principles e.g. First In First Out (FIFO)
• Good knowledge of Food Safety & Hygiene standards.
• Ability to read and write English in order to understand instructions, checklists and recipes.
• Ability to do basic Math e.g. adding and subtraction of sums
• Good organisation and execution skills
• High guest experience focus
• Adaptable with strong analytical and solutions creation skills.
If you are selected to join Christophe Harbour you will receive a competitive annual salary, paid leave, and other applicable benefits. Apply by August 30th, 2019 by emailing your full resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover note telling us why you are the perfect person to join the Christophe Harbour team.