GOVSKN Job Posting: Director of National Archives, Government Headquarters Basseterre
The Office of the Prime Minister is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the vacancy of Director of Archives
The successful candidate will manage the unique records in the collections of the National Archives ensuring preservation of documents and all other material, and develop services and programmes that inform the public, while providing access to researchers whenever possible.
Position: Full Time
Salary Scale: K41
Education required: A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Caribbean History from an accredited institution or related field. A post graduate degree in Heritage management or related field would be an asset.
• Provide professional management of the National Archive collections.
• Support, advise and work with Government Ministries and departments, heritage institutions and researchers to access a range of collections.
• Develop and deliver education and outreach services.
• Grant writing preparation and presentation
• At least 5 years' experience, in a service environment, preferably Heritage
• Knowledge of working with records.
• Excellent communication, presentation and people skills
• Ability to manage workload efficiently.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development
Please apply with cover letter, resume, a completed Public Service application form and two references. Applications must be submitted to the Chief Personnel Officer, Human Resource Management Department, Government Headquarters, Basseterre by December 10th 2019.