Caribbean Partners Medical Corporation d.b.a. Waters Anchor Center for Health & Wellness
Full-Time / Registered Nurse
Chief Operating Officer
Promotes and restores patients' health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the patient care area; directing and developing staff; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staffs; providing physical and psychological support for patients, friends, and families.
• Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
• Maintains nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
• Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting organizational and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care; enforcing adherence to regulatory requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measuring health outcomes against standards; making or recommending adjustments.
• Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training nurses and auxiliary staff.
• Completes patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning nursing and staff; following up on work results.
• Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
• Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching and counseling patient, friends, and family and reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills.
• Provides information to patients and health care team by answering questions and requests.
• Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from other health care professionals.
• Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
• Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques..
• Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports; identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving requisitions and cost allocations.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
1. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
• Graduate of an Accredited Nursing School.
• Current license or meets qualifications to seek licensure for licensing in St. Kitts & Nevis.
• Six (6) or more years experience in an acute care setting.
• Two (2) or more years experience in surgical care.
• Two (2) or more years of experience in outpatient setting preferred
2. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Proficiency with EMR documentation systems.
• Knowledge of pharmacology of local anesthetics and narcotics.
• Facile in monitoring physiologic responses to sedative agents.
• Knowledgeable in all aspects Pre op, post op and procedural follow up.
• Confidence, initiative, and experience to build employer relationships and patient caseloads.
• Understands the value of outcomes measurement, operational metrics, and patient satisfaction.
• Manage clinic relationships and promote services through onsite marketing & educational events.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of principles, literature, standard practices, methods, and new developments in the area of Nursing.
3. PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Duties require extensive standing and walking.
• Requires lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring patients.
• Duties require frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
The typical workday involves the following physical strength requirements:
Must be able to exert physical activity and lift in excess of 50 pounds of force while assisting patients or moving equipment.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Waters Anchor, please email a copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
If you need further information on how you can become a member of the team, please contact us on 869.662.3731, we look forward to hearing from you!
Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.