Seeking Applications for the following position:
JOB TITLE: Air Conditioning & Electrician Technician
We are looking for an experienced Air Conditioning & Electrician Technician to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining Air Condition Units and Electrical Infrastructure. Your job will involve installing A/C Units and Electrical Wiring on buildings and poles etc. troubleshooting, malfunctions and blackouts, maintaining and repairing equipment.
Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, Air Condition and Electrician Technician must primarily be a responsible individual with great attention to safety precautions and details. The ideal candidate must also be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems. The goal will be to produce and maintain well-functioning air conditioning units and electrical connections for the entire Campus, to minimize the probability of accidents, and maximize usability of electricity in all facilities.
THIS POSITION HAS PARTICULAR EMPHASIS ON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WILL INCLUDE;
1) Execute plans of installation and maintenance of A/C Units, electrical wiring for well-functioning units, lighting and other electrical systems
2) Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems
Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
3) Prepare and assemble units, conduits and connect wiring through them
4) Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits, clean blowers, coils and check tension of belts etc.
5) Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Proven experience as an Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technician and Electrician
2. Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
3. Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
4. Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
5. Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts and overnight
6. Diploma in relevant vocational training or successfully completed apprenticeship as an electrician
7. Completion of a two year College Certificate
Please submit your application and CV with references via email or post to the following address on or before September 28th 2020
University of Medicine & Health Sciences
P.O. Box 1218, Camps Main Road
V.P. of Facilities, Daniel Vitalo Jr. - firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine Mc Master, Human Resources Generalist - email@example.com