To make a difference, you have to be different. That’s what we strive to be.
A career with Ross Vet is more than just a job; it is an extraordinary opportunity to join an innovative, collaborative community of passionate professionals making a difference every day by advancing human and animal health through the power of education.
We make a difference by providing our students with an unparalleled learning experience as they prepare for lifelong career success as today’s veterinarians and tomorrow’s leaders. Ross Vet colleagues thrive in a culture that encourages personal growth and professional development, bringing meaning and purpose to everything we do.
The Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) program consists of seven semesters of preclinical studies on the island of St. Kitts in the Caribbean and one year of clinical training at affiliated AVMA-accredited veterinary teaching hospitals in the United States and abroad. The primary focus of RUSVM is the education of students whose goal is to practice veterinary medicine mainly in North America and beyond. Scientific discovery is another important focal point for the University.
The Facilities Repairs and Renovations (R&R) Manager will be process driven, be devoted to the development and strategic planning of the R&R team to become more streamlined, effective and proactive in the delivery of their services to RUSVM’s faculty and students to achieve the long-term objectives of RUSVM vision and mission. The R&R manager oversees building repairs, renovations and maintenance function including, but not limited to, mill-work, cabinet making/refinishing, furniture refinishing and building restoration services to include plant & equipment maintenance, preventive maintenance planning, designing and executing basic construction and other civil works.
The successful candidate will be charged with ensuring the proper upkeep and integrity of the University’s building facilities and will be responsible for making changes and enhancements, provide maintenance and repairs to existing building components and internal infrastructures by providing sound leadership and supervision for skilled and general repair technicians. This position supports a safe and effective learning, living and working environment for students, colleagues and guests to the campus.
The Facilities Repairs and Renovations Manager will report to the Senior Manager, Facilities and will have responsibility for planning, scheduling, reviewing and approving contractor work as assigned; and will ensure that tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner yielding a high-quality professional finish. The successful candidate will be expected to deputize for the Snr. Manager of Facilities in his absence to ensure smooth and efficient continuity of operations.
The successful candidate will demonstrate sound leadership qualities with the ability to assess and implement project planning & work scheduling systems, prepare methodologies & scope documents and procedures to meet demands in a fast-paced environment, working across various functional areas to achieve RUSVM objectives.
• Collaboration with Senior Manager Facilities, Senior Manager Projects, VP Operations, Dir, Student Experience, Student Housing Manager, Finance Management team and all other senior leadership position within the different faculties to establish, execute, maintain and manage the strategic objectives of the organization
• In conjunction with the Senior Manager Facilities, Facilities Manager, Facilities Services Manager, the Health & Safety Manager and other 3rd party entities, develop and conduct training programs designed to establish standard safe work protocols to professionally develop colleagues;
• Prepare and plan project budgets, budget management and maintain a robust inventory control for all material, tools and equipment;
• Create, implement and oversee a comprehensive preventive maintenance program involving periodic facility condition assessments & inspections, routine service and repairs of building envelopes and architectural systems
• Using the University’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), review, assign, prioritize, track and close out work orders for completion of building maintenance and repair projects
Observe and inspect the colleague and contractor works in progress and upon completion to ensure effective utilization of labor, materials and equipment and implement new methods and procedures where necessary ensuring compliance with safety protocols, policies and procedures;
• Engage, plan, schedule and perform quality assurance checks on subcontractor work
Assist in the preparation of annual budgets as well as monitor the department’s expenditure ensuring alignment with department budget;
• Perform ad-hoc assignments involving technical investigation and analyses and recommend solutions to unique facilities problems;
• Supervise employees in a manner consistent with University practices and professional international standards & expectations;
• In the absence of the Facilities Manager, assumes responsibility for management of the electricians, plumbers and HVAC technicians;
• Provide documented data and reports relevant to the progress of CapEx and OpEx projects and relevant cost projections and of the work performed;
• Maintenance of all Building Maintenance records and related technical Operations & Maintenance (O&M) manuals;
• Conduct standard computations to produce project plans, calculate the dimensions of projects under construction, identify the proper placement of important structural components of a project or building, WBS presentations and calculation of bill of materials and labor required to successfully complete project & provide relevant quotations;
• Prepare rough sketches or plans to scale from oral and written instructions using computer-aided programs (Auto-Cad and / or Chief Architect)
• Provide technical and morale support to the team through supporting management decisions in accordance with organizational directives
• Will be in a capacity to deputize for Senior Manager, Facilities
• All other duties as assigned.
Good experience of working within a customer-facing environment is a requirement for this position along with exceptional people management and administration skills. Specific qualifications and competencies within this general requirement include the following:
• A Bachelor's degree in Construction & Design Mgt., Civil / Mechanical Engineering, Project Management, Architecture or a related field with a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience
• Candidates with at least five (5) years technical experience along with relevant Certificate or Technical college education in Construction & the built environment, construction management, or related field will also be considered
• Good experience of working within a customer-facing environment is a requirement for this position along with exceptional people management and administration skills.
• Excellent balance of interpersonal, technical, organizational and leadership skills;
• Highly flexible and adaptive, able to multi-task across several simultaneous areas;
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, recommend successful approaches and proactively solve problems;
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) offers an accredited Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree, postgraduate certification, integrated DVM/Master of Science (MSc) dual degree programs, and Doctoral (Ph.D.) degrees. Our unique program of broad-based curriculum integrates research opportunities and classroom study in St. Kitts with hands-on clinical training at affiliated AVMA-accredited veterinary schools. Cutting-edge curriculum with innovative technology and simulation provides the best possible training as we aim to lead veterinary training worldwide by creating an exemplary program uniquely designed to graduate today’s practice-ready veterinarians and tomorrow’s leaders and discoverers.
The mission of RUSVM is to provide the best learning environment to prepare students to become members and leaders of the worldwide public and professional healthcare team, advancing human and animal health (One Health) through research and knowledge exchange. Learn more about Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.veterinary.rossu.edu.
Apply at https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/ross-university-school-of-veterinary-medicine