Title: Housekeeping Manager
Reports to: Rooms Division Manager/Executive Management
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the overall operations of the housekeeping department with high attention to detail.
Housekeeping Manager supervises and coordinates activities of room attendants, house attendants, laundry attendants, inspectors, and supervisors. Responsible for managing and directing day to day operations of all housekeeping and laundry functions. Appropriately respond to and manage any escalated departmental concerns and guest challenges.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Knowledge and experience of basic sanitation requirements/ controls and applications of relevant chemicals
• Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping services/ activities
• Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment. Ability to switch direction as business dictates
• Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership skills
• Maintain the highest standard of cleanliness, safety, and conduct
• Responsible for recruitment, scheduling, and training
• Follow professional and ethical guidelines when dealing with guests, associates, and vendors
• Coordinates the payroll and time and attendance systems
• Inspects public area and room inspections daily
• Maintains par levels of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniforms
• Ensures vacant/ dirty rooms are updated in the RDP system
• Hold staff meetings, performing daily pre-shift meetings with other Managers and with Housekeeping associates
• Lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
• Standing for prolonged periods.
• Working with chemicals and animals.
• Working in hot conditions- indoors and outdoors.
• Endurance for long working hours to meet hotel needs.
• Ability to perform hands-on when required
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Passion for excellence in customer service.
Impeccable ethical business practices.
Computer proficiency in Windows environment (Word, Excel and RDP and or related POS applications)
Proven experience in managing budget/labor costs.
Strong command of the English Language both verbal and written.
Advanced knowledge of Housekeeping processes and procedures.
Ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests.
Flexible with working shifts, holidays, weekends.
Works independently and prioritizes responsibilities.
High School Diploma required
Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset
A minimum of 5 years previous Manager Experience within the hospitality industry in a property of similar size and quality: experience in a 4 Star/ Diamond is preferred.
Please note: The above description reflects on the general details considered to describe the principle functions of the position. This is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Management reserves the right to alter the above requirements.
Send applications to: email@example.com
Applications must be submitted by October 30th, 2020