At Marriott, we never stop searching for inventive ways to serve our customers, provide opportunities for our associates and grow our business
Loss Prevention – Security Officer
Patrol all areas of the property; assist guests with room access. Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions, perimeter alarm systems, duress alarms, and fire life safety systems. Lock property entrances when required. Conduct daily physical hazard inspections. Respond to accidents. Assist guests/employees during emergency situations. Notify appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents. Defuse guest/employee disturbances.
Server – (Waitress & Waiter) Hotel and Casino
Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests. Set tables according to the type of event and service standards. Answer questions on menu selections. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability.
Dealer – Verifying chips and counting all cash equivalents prior to opening, verifying all playing cards are unmarked Delivering cards to the gambling table in a prompt and efficient manner. Taking and paying bets in an appropriate manner.
Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems. Issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles. Set up and maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools. Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks. Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies.
A food runner is responsible for delivering the food from the kitchen to a customer in a restaurant. They are responsible for ensuring that each customer receives the correct order. A few of the main duties of a food runner are handing the order to the chef, double checking orders, matching the food ticket to the customer
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Inspect grooming and attire of staff, and rectify any deficiencies. Communicate with guests, other employees, and/or departments to ensure guest needs are met. Ensure staff is working together as a team. Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and well-being of guests.
Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
Laundry Washer - Remove and separate soiled laundry from chutes or housekeeping carts. Operate and monitor washing, dry cleaning, and drying machinery in accordance with company standards. Apply correct treatment to stained items based on fabric and stain type. Maintain accurate records of items washed, number of loads, and poundage of dry cleaning and laundry.
Prepare special meals or substitute items. Regulate the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters. Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish. Maintain food logs. Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared.
Stewarding – (Dishwasher)
Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas.
Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers. Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served. Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared. Inform Food & Beverage service staff of menu specials and out-of-stock menu items. Prepare special meals or substitute items.
Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes. Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information. Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and accounting data. Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers. Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables. Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified. Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures.
Provide massage services to guests using props and/or products. Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, pregnancy) before beginning service. Escort guests to and from treatment rooms. Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes, and check with guests to ensure guest comfort and safety throughout the service
Provide waxing and skincare services to guests. Assess guest needs, inquire about contraindications, and examine skin, hair, or nails to evaluate the condition, appearance, and appropriateness of scheduled service. Determine and advise guests on proper skin, hair, or nail care and recommend home care regimens.
Provide hair care services such as cut/design, color, and styling to guests. Shampoo, condition, and rinse guests' hair. Examine skin, hair, or nails to evaluate condition, appearance, and appropriateness of scheduled service. Determine and advise guests on proper skin, hair, or nail care and recommend home care regimens. Promote and sell spa/salon services and retail products.
Provide nail care services such as manicures and pedicures to guests. Assess guest needs, inquire about contraindications, and examine skin, hair, or nails to evaluate the condition, appearance, and appropriateness of scheduled service. Determine and advise guests on proper skin, hair, or nail care
Room Attendant - Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Fill cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area. Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering. Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms. Replace dirty linens and terry with clean items. Make beds and fold terry. Clean bathrooms. Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items. Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order. Straighten desk items, furniture, and appliances. Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings. Vacuum carpets and performs floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
Assistant Director of Food & Beverage – Functions as the strategic business leader of the property’s food and beverage/culinary operation, including Restaurants/Bars, Room Service and Banquets/Catering, where applicable. Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures the food and beverage/culinary operation meets the brand’s target customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, and focuses on growing revenues and maximizing the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
Skills and Knowledge
• Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
• Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Applied Business Knowledge - Understanding market dynamics, enterprise level objectives and important aspects of the company’s business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, anticipate opportunities and risks, identify issues, and develop strategies and plans. Aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results.
• Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
Food & Beverages Service Manager - Areas of responsibility include all Restaurants/Bars and Room Service outlets. Manages restaurant operations and assists with maintaining sanitation standards, implementation and raises service standards and deliverables and assists supervisors, bartenders, servers, and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives
Executive Sous Chef- (Full Time) Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
• Minimum 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts. Previous resort experience with multiple outlets experience required
• Food Safety certifications required,
• 5+ years of previous experience in a similar position in a resort with multiple outlets required Marriott experience highly preferred
• Excellent written and oral skills
• Computer skills required, must be able to perform administrative duties
• Strong organizational and management skills
• Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas
• Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, and monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Manages department controllable expenses including food costs, supplies, uniforms & equipment.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations.
• Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques, and equipment (e.g., grilling, sautéing, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
• Knowledge of procedures and temperatures for storing and rotating food stock in coolers, refrigerators, freezers, dry storage, etc. to maintain freshness ("First In, First Out"). This includes preparing, labeling, dating, rotating, and pulling perishable foods and drinks in accordance with storage guidelines; identifying food products that do not meet company or compliance standards; and knowledge of policies and procedures for discarding food items or products.
• The ability to properly and safely clean and maintain kitchen floors, walls, and ceilings, including meal wall guards, overhead fans and hoods, and floor drains. This includes correctly choosing and applying appropriate chemicals and/or products. This includes knowing the right equipment to use for each job.
The company offers an opportunity to learn, grow and succeed while having a positive impact on someone’s day. Benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance, meal per shift, and discounted travel benefits worldwide.
If you have the qualifications and would like to join a winning team, then we want to talk to you. Resumes are accepted at email@example.com
Please include previous experience, references, and certifications.
We appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.