Koi Resort Saint Kitts, Curio Collection by Hilton is looking for an experienced Engineering Superintendent to be a part of its onsite team. This position is responsible for maintaining the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance practices as well as ensuring the upkeep of all guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel. Previous work experience at a Hilton property or a comparable hotel brand is a huge plus!
• Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment.
• Verify completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces, and grounds. Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and associate work areas.
• Adhere to all corporate-required purchasing policies and controls, including, but not limited to, all outside contractor bids, budgets, and schedules. Follow prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the company.
• Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
• Inform the General Manager and hotel department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems, and equipment offering prudent, cost-effective proposals for maintaining these systems. Access and input information into a computer and generate reports.
• Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
• Responsible for hiring, training, supervising, and disciplining department staff and all other staff under direction of the Engineering Department, such as but not limited to electricians, plumbers, painters, and landscapers.
• Degree or related technical certification preferred.
• Five to seven years in a hotel, hospital, or building, including four years in a supervisory capacity
• Knowledge of LG HVAC particularly VRF system, Model - Multi V 5 would be an asset
• Demonstrated ability to train staff, strong communication (English – both oral and written) and customer service skills, detail oriented and safety minded.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
• Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
• Highly responsible and reliable.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
*Please Note: This is not a full job description.
Job Type: Full-Time
Please email your resume along with a cover letter specifying the position applied for. All applications must include a recent passport size photograph, a resume detailing relevant experience and certification plus two (2) Professional references.
Any application submitted without specifying the position will be disqualified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Submit applications with required documents to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: Engineering Superintendent Application
Closing date for receipt of applications is October 10, 2022.