Come build your career with Unicomer Group!
Unicomer is a dynamic and fast-paced retail organization spanning 24 countries, with over 1000 stores and 16,000 talented and engaged retail professionals across Latin America, the Caribbean and USA. Unicomer Group is the owner of established brands within the Caribbean, including, Courts, Optical, Ready Finance, Radio Shack and Lucky Dollar.
We are recruiting a qualified Assistant Branch Manager for our Nevis location to manage the branch operations and its employees. The job holder must also determine and fulfill the needs of the staff to ensure high levels of motivation and commitment, and efficiently manage the operations of the Sales department.
The successful candidate will have key accountabilities as follows:
- Ensure the branch achieves targets relevant to the Company’s targets/Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Monitor sales levels and maintain a team approach that inspires sales staff to continuously strive for higher targets and level of customer service
- Ensure customers receive service that exceeds their expectations and that all Branch employees always display a high standard of customer service.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of variance reports, perpetual stock reports etc. to Inventory Control Department.
- Manage stock taking activities to ensure all stock is labelled, packed for stock take and losses are kept at a minimum and within loss target
- Ensure that various reports are completed on a weekly basis, monthly basis or as required: Outstanding Bookings, Outstanding Deliveries, Delivery notes printed and not notified, Delivery differs from Agreement.
- Assist with the resolution of accounts in the referral screen and ensure that these screens are acted upon daily: Incomplete details, Sanction, Unpaid.
- Ensure goods are displayed attractively in accordance to the Visual Merchandising Standards (VMS) guidelines, monitoring this on a weekly basis
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the systems, policies and procedures and promotional programs of Courts
- Adhere to health and safety regulations and standards.
- Ensure adherence to the measures of loss prevention
- Oversee the efficient management of cashiers lines to ensure that customers making payments receive service promptly and Close off cashiers and ensure the cash is banked according to the company’s procedures.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all Company Managers, Supervisors & co-workers to foster and promote cooperation and teamwork.
- Work with HR to determine training needs of branch personnel and agree on suitable development programmes
- Motivate staff to achieve higher levels of customer service.
- Conduct staff assessments quarterly and annually in accordance with the Performance Management Guidelines
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management/Business Studies
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a supervisory position
- Computer literate knowledge of Micro Soft Word and Excel
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good decision making
- Planning, Forecasting & Monitoring Skills
- Good communication (written & oral) skills
- Team -building skills
- Inventory management skills
- Good customer service skills
- Understanding financial issues
- Good interpersonal skills
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Merchandising Skills
- Human Resource/Personnel Management Skills
- Leadership, delegating, monitoring and coaching skills
- Enthusiastic, creative and pleasant personality
- The ability to maintain calm in stressful situations
- Deportment and a neat appearance
- The ability to manage people effectively
- Confidence and assertiveness
- Persistent and persuasive personality
- Commitment to continuous learning and excellence
- Displays initiative and pro-active thinking
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Excellent growth opportunity
Please join us! Send your completed application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2022.