Job Title: Staff Internal Auditor
Job Unit: Delta Offshore Holdings, Ltd. and Delta Petroleum St. Martin
Reports to: Regional Finance Manager
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Staff Internal Auditor provides support to the Regional Finance Manager in executing Internal Audit projects, internal controls testing and preparing reports in accordance with Delta’s risk management, control and governance processes to help ensure that:
- risks are appropriately identified and managed
- significant financial, managerial and operating information is accurate, reliable and timely
- employees’ actions are in compliance with Delta’s policies, standards, procedures and applicable laws and regulations
- operations are transacted in accordance with sufficient internal controls, good business judgment and high ethical standards
- quality and continuous improvement are fostered in Delta’s internal control processes
- significant regulatory issues impacting Delta are recognized and addressed appropriately
- Conducts regular audits of accounting and financial data and operational processes of various departments within the organization to ensure accuracy and compliance with company guidelines, institutional policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Gathering and analyzing data to determine compliance with internal controls through observation, through examination of documents, records and system settings and/or through inquiries with employees.
- Verifying that accounting and results of operations are recorded in accordance with IFRS.
- Travel to different islands of Delta Petroleum Group, as needed to ensure internal audit goals are met and complied with.
- Assist with the evaluation and implementation of corporate policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Liaise with External Auditors on the submission of audit schedules and supporting documents from all islands and the conduct of physical count of inventories, fixed assets, bank confirmations, receivable and payable confirmations and payroll reconciliations.
- Complete other projects and perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Finance Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, ACCA or CPA preferred, with a minimum of 2 years of public or private accounting experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as internal/external auditor.
- Accounting experience in the retail and wholesale of Petroleum Products or Industry would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting principles and procedures and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Detailed oriented, good organizational skills, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated abilities in problem solving, proficiency in written, analytical and verbal communications.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet applications and computerized accounting systems.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that will be faced an employee in order to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to spend extensive hours sitting and viewing computer screen, reviewing online and physical files. There will also be the need for lifting of files, opening, and closing of drawers. This position is assigned to the Regional Office Branch Office, in St. Kitts or other location as designated by Management.
Regional Travel: Travel to Delta Petroleum locations is required in this position including but not limited to the following islands: Anguilla, BVI, Montserrat, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia and St. Martin.
Kindly send all applications address to:
Regional Human Resource Manager
Delta Petroleum Caribbean Ltd
Alternatively, email: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 8th December 2023